5 Replies Latest reply on May 21, 2013 6:24 PM by charles badland

Help Printing out Work

maverick24323

I am a school teacher and have a created a mosaic for my young students to recreate using stickie notes. Is there a way to print out the order of colors so that each group may work on their individual section?

• 1. Re: Help Printing out Work
          charles badland Level 4

Is there a way to print out the order of colors so that each group may work on their individual section?

Hello,

I'm not quite certain what you mean by that. Can you be more specific?

CB

• 2. Re: Help Printing out Work
            maverick24323 Level 1

Well the mosaic is a 8 bit image so the colors do not widely vary and it is rather large. What I plan to do is put the students in small groups where they can as a team work on a section. Issue is since there are many squares I would prefer if I can print out the order of the colors or print out a sheet where the order of the colors are distinguishable. On the monitor it looks like a mosaic but, when I print it out the colors blends toghther and you can not tell where one square begins and ends.

• 3. Re: Help Printing out Work
              charles badland Level 4

OK. 8 bit per channel (16.7 million colors) or total of 8 bits (256 colors)?

You mean like 256 colors of an Indexed Color file?

And I'm still confused by "Order of Colors" You could sort by Hue, Luminance or Saturation? Those are the three ways I would think you could "order" colors.

You could load the 256 colors from the Index Color Table into a swatch panel.

Not sure how to print that though...

Or am I totally missing the boat here?

• 4. Re: Help Printing out Work
                maverick24323 Level 1

I mean 8 bit like an old video game picture IE. pretty pixelated. I created the mosaic not using the mosaic filter (Photoshop CS6) but, by resizing it and then rendering it down to 5 colors using the index color mode.  Since, the mosaic is pretty large I want to be able to print something that will allow them to work on their section wiothout having to go back and forth to the computer monitor to know what color is next. If I can print out a sheet that can give me the order of the colors or at least a printable sheet where each colored square is distinguishable the group will be able to call out the order of the colors in the they are working on, for instance "1 Red, 2 blue, 4 black" etc. 

This is an example of what I mean by order of colors the picture would be 5 white, red, 2 white, 4 cream, 1 white in the first row.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      mario.jpg

• 5. Re: Help Printing out Work
                  charles badland Level 4

Hmm. Well I don't know if I can help. You could try re-sampling down so each color is a pixel using "Nearest Neighbor" resample algorithm. (in your example go down to maybe 16 pixels across?) Then increase pixel size to one inch (using no resample. One inch is the largest Photoshop will let you size a pixel, which is too bad since pixels are not really any size to begin with...)