5 Replies Latest reply on May 22, 2013 11:16 AM by conroy

How to lock transform sizes by default

Deaf Mike Level 1

I'm using CS6 and can't figure out how to make the transform size lock be turned on by default.  See below:

default.jpg

Every time I hit CTRL+T to transform something I have to go up there and click on the lock so it locks the dimensions as I tranform.  It's unlocked by default as seen in the photo above.

This is a real pain if you're doing hundreds of photos.  Anyone know what I need to do?

Thanks,

The Deaf Guy

• 1. Re: How to lock transform sizes by default
          Jeff Arola Adobe Community Professional

I don't believe there is a way to actually lock constrain proportions by default per se.

But if your transforming by hand you can hold down the shift key to constrain the proportions.(maintain aspect ratio)

If your transforming by entering values in the input boxes in the tool options bar, then an action

will save you from having to click the lock button everytime.

The action should work in either instance.

You could also assign a keyboard shortcut to the action.

Just make your action and then adjust one of the parameters by say one percent for the width or height.

Then double click on the action to ammend the parameters and adjust the width or height back to 100%.

intial action

(in the example below double click on the Transform current layer step to record the action again with the new values)

Untitled-1.png

after record again

Untitled-2.png

• 2. Re: How to lock transform sizes by default
            Deaf Mike Level 1

Actions make sense but not in this case because every image will not fall into the same dimension parameters

One aggravating thing I noticed is in CS4 when I hold down the CTRL key, it constrains the parameters like it should (e.g., 150 x 150).  But when I do the same in CS6, it doesn't (e.g., 150.49 x 150.27) which is either a glitch in the SW or  - I really don't know what else to think.

• 3. Re: How to lock transform sizes by default
              Jeff Arola Adobe Community Professional

See if turning off Snap Vector Tools and Transforms to Pixel Grid in the photoshop general preferences makes a difference.

The above action should work on different size images.

I just forgot to say to enable the toggle dialog in the action:

Untitled-2a.png

• 4. Re: How to lock transform sizes by default
                Deaf Mike Level 1

OK thanks I'll try that.

• 5. Re: How to lock transform sizes by default
                  conroy Level 5

Michael Walton wrote:

One aggravating thing I noticed is in CS4 when I hold down the CTRL key, it constrains the parameters like it should (e.g., 150 x 150).  But when I do the same in CS6, it doesn't (e.g., 150.49 x 150.27) which is either a glitch in the SW or  - I really don't know what else to think.

See my reply in thread: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5298571