• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to export customers passwords from CRM

New Here ,
May 22, 2013 May 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to backup our CRM database. You used to be able to export the password field but is now gone. Any ideas how to do this?

Cheers

Laz

TOPICS
CRM

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 22, 2013 May 22, 2013

Hi Laz,

We stop allowing this due to security reasons last year. 

"CRM User Passwords will no longer be exposed through API and custom reports - with this release we are completing our security policy update for CRM passwords and will stop delivering CRM user passwords through API and Custom Reports. For more details about the security update, read our Important Security Policy Updates for CRM Users - Effective February 8th announcement"

Reference "Deprecated functionality": http://www.businesscatalyst.com/BlogRetrieve.aspx?PostID=294929&A=SearchResult&SearchID=5515707&ObjectID=294929&ObjectType=55

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2013 May 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Laz,

We stop allowing this due to security reasons last year. 

"CRM User Passwords will no longer be exposed through API and custom reports - with this release we are completing our security policy update for CRM passwords and will stop delivering CRM user passwords through API and Custom Reports. For more details about the security update, read our Important Security Policy Updates for CRM Users - Effective February 8th announcement"

Reference "Deprecated functionality": http://www.businesscatalyst.com/BlogRetrieve.aspx?PostID=294929&A=SearchResult&SearchID=5515707&Obje...

Hope this clarifies!

-Sidney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 31, 2013 May 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since BC has stopped delivering passwords through custom reports - how do I use Import Contact (Advanced) to upload data to various fields if I cannot download the paswords to a CSV type file in the first place.  BC Help for Importing Data states that the password field is one that is updated using this method.  ie each time I use the Import template I delete all the passwords - this sounds a little non-sensical to me. What is the process for importing additional inforamtion to CRM without wiping out passwords, please?

Regards Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have replied to your other thread - http://forums.adobe.com/message/5371828#5371828.

Thanks,

Vinayak

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines