3 Replies Latest reply: May 22, 2013 12:06 PM by Nancy O. RSS

Unable to upload files from local computer to remote server (Was: Dreamweaver)

Russel

I have lost the connection between the remote location and the local location for files on my computer. Where to I correct this issues, since I cannot upload files from local to remote. Host server from server to my computer works fine, Running Dell computerr XP operating system with CS3 Dreamweaver. Need all the help I can get.

• 1. Re: Dreamweaver
          MurraySummers CommunityMVP

Check in your site definition by editing the site in Site Manager. The remote connection details would be under the SERVERS category. Double click on the remote server and edit the connection details there.

• 2. Re: Dreamweaver
            Russel Community Member

I am now having a "ftp error - cannot make connection to host. Dreamweaver

encoutered a netwoerk or file system error. I did as you suggested and I

get to basic site definition, ( which looks o.k.), next screen ( no,I do

not want to use a server technology) Next screen ( edit local copies on my

machine ( file location looks o.k.), next screen (connect to remote

server=ftp) address of web server is correct, ( no folder on server, or ftp

login or ftp password) do not enable check in or check out

summary: local

Site name:midhba

local root folder:midhba

remote info:

access; ftp

FTP host: midhba.com

check in.check out diabled

testing server (set up later)

• 3. Re: Dreamweaver
              Nancy O. CommunityMVP

DWCS6-moreOptions.jpg