4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2007 10:37 AM by Newsgroup_User

controlling imported AVI with AS

Level 7
      I am trying to control an imported AVI clip with AS
      When I import this AVI with the option to place on the stage, the resulting
      movieclip has the timeline expanded to accomodate the relevant numver of
      frames.

Now when I Insert-NewSymbol-MovieClip and then drag the AVI from the
      Library to ste new MC, stage it is just one frame and it does not as whether
      to expnand the clip tilmeline.
      What I am doing wrong?

• 1. Re: controlling imported AVI with AS
          funkysoul Level 4
          Which flash version are you using? Since Flash 8, every video format you import is "automatically" being transcoded to the flv format.
          • 2. Re: controlling imported AVI with AS
            Level 7
            Flash 8.
            What implications are involved by flv?
            How is this connected with my problem?
            Where this flv is placed?
            I noticed that sometimes an flv is added to the relevant folder - but this
            happens not every time thought I knownly do nothing about conversion to flv

"funkysoul" <tiago.dias@bluewin.ch> ÓÏÏÂÝÉÌ/ÓÏÏÂÝÉÌÁ × ÎÏ×ÏÓÔÑÈ ÓÌÅÄÕÀÝÅÅ:
            news:ffktoi$p27$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            > Which flash version are you using? Since Flash 8, every video format you
            import is "automatically" being transcoded to the flv format.

• 3. Re: controlling imported AVI with AS
              funkysoul Level 4
              as soon as you import your avi or whatever "normal" video format (no divx and that stuff) flash will automatically ask you how you would like to convert the video to flv.
              • 4. Re: controlling imported AVI with AS
                Level 7
                In my case it does not ask. Actually, it is not Flash, it is something built
                in and called Sorenson Spark. Perhaps there are some Sorenson Spark settings
                I need to play with?

"funkysoul" <tiago.dias@bluewin.ch> ÓÏÏÂÝÉÌ/ÓÏÏÂÝÉÌÁ × ÎÏ×ÏÓÔÑÈ ÓÌÅÄÕÀÝÅÅ:
                news:ffnofj$meh$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                > as soon as you import your avi or whatever "normal" video format (no divx
                and that stuff) flash will automatically ask you how you would like to
                convert the video to flv.
                >