3 Replies Latest reply on May 22, 2013 8:20 PM by BJDartist Branched from an earlier discussion.

How to access my RAW files for my Nikon camera

BJDartist

I have purchased a Nikon camera and I would like to be able to access RAW files.  I read somewhere yesterday my Raw file is not coorect.  If I recall it needs to be 6.3 and is at level 6.1.  I am running Win7

• 1. Re: How to access my RAW files for my Nikon camera
          Jeff A Wright Adobe Employee

Branching this to a separate discussion and moving the discussion to the Adobe Camera RAW forum.

• 2. Re: How to access my RAW files for my Nikon camera
            Jeff Schewe Level 5

What application? Photoshop or Elements? What versions?

• 3. Re: How to access my RAW files for my Nikon camera
              BJDartist Level 1

After several hours of frustration, I may have it resolved, but I haven't

had time to check everything out.

I am working with Photoshop Elements 9 loading Edit, selecting updates

which was where I ran into my first problem.  I don't recall the exact

message, but something about maybe a firewall conflict.   I took an

alternate route and found RAW file 7.1,  downloaded it and got the message

I needed to update Adobe Manager.  Took two tries, but finally got it

Manager updated.  Next I extracted and attempted to install 7.1.  Got

message didn't apply to my software.  More research, find RAW 6.5 and the

only way to install it was through update in Photoshop Element.  To my

surprise no problem with "firewall" and it listed I needed two upgrades:

both Raw 6.5 and Photoshope Element 9.3.  The update actually started to

work so I guess the New Manager resolved the "firewall" problem.

Upon completion, I got a two errors messages

Messages I received:

Photoshop Camera Raw 6.5 Update

There was an error installing this update. Please quit and try again later.

Error Code: U44M1I210

Adobe Photoshop Elements 9.0.3 Update

There was an error installing this update. Please quit and try again later.

Error Code: U44M1P2003

Error detail page suggested I reboot my compute which I did.   I went back

to update and the only choice listed was Elements 9.3.  After this update,

I only got one message:  same error #:  U44M1P2003.

I have not pursued this error further, but hope to do so.  Any suggestions

would be appreciated.

BUT, I DID LOAD A RAW FILE!  YEA!