6 Replies Latest reply: May 25, 2013 4:11 AM by gbotour RSS

Lost DW8 disk

gbotour Community Member

I purchased DW8 around 2009 and I know the serial number from my account details. Unfortunately I lost the DW8 disk.

I also purchased DW5.5 upgrade and still have the disk.

I want to install DW on a second computer. If I install the DW5.5 upgrade will it install   without having the DW8 disk. If I'm asked for the DW8 serial number in the install procedure I can obviously provide it.

• 1. Re: Lost DW8 disk
          Preran Employee Hosts

Dreamweaver CS5.5 is a supported version. If you upgraded from DW 8 to DW CS5.5, and need help, I suggest that you contact customer support. Did you try installing DW CS5.5 and see what happens?

Link to our support page: http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

• 2. Re: Lost DW8 disk
            gbotour Community Member

Not tried to install CS5.5 yet as waiting for delivery of laptop. Thought I'd try and be prepared prior to receipt.

Contacting Dw support by phone here in the UK is pretty much a useless excercise.

The support link you provided (thanks) doesn't seem to address this issue.

Do you have an e-mail address that might get me through to an appropriate person please.

• 3. Re: Lost DW8 disk
              John Waller CommunityMVP

What is the exact problem you're encountering?

If you want to install CS5.5 then you do not need to first install DW8.

Just install the CS5.5 upgrade (which includes the full program code) and then enter the CS5.5 upgrade serial number then enter the DW8 serial number when prompted.

• 4. Re: Lost DW8 disk
                gbotour Community Member

Hi John and thanks.

I was anticipating a scenario where I thought it might have been mandatory to have installed DW8 first before installing 5.5

If I can just install the upgrade and enter both serial numbers then that would be fine.

I'm only going this circuitous route because I have the cloud version of CS6 but it still doesn't seem clear to me that you can install the cloud version of CS6 on two computers and use them at the same time.

• 5. Re: Lost DW8 disk
                  John Waller CommunityMVP

If I can just install the upgrade and enter both serial numbers then that would be fine.

Yes, that's how I've done it for several years.

it still doesn't seem clear to me that you can install the cloud version of CS6 on two computers and use them at the same time.

The Cloud FAQ is clear enough.

http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud/faq.html

Can I use the software I download from Creative Cloud on multiple computers?

Yes, you can use Creative Cloud desktop applications on two computers at once, regardless of operating system, for the individual associated with the Creative Cloud membership.

• 6. Re: Lost DW8 disk
                    gbotour Community Member

Yes I did see that but then when I looked at the licence agreement s2.1.3  says cannot use on two computers at the same time, so I felt that the situation wasn't entirely clear.