3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 3, 2013 11:45 AM by Willam van Weelden RSS

Robohelp 9 and TFS 2012 issue - TFS linking is not working

DBenke

Hi,

I'm using Adobe Robohelp 9 with Team Foundation Server 2012 on Windows 7 -  64 bit. I've also installed Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2012 MSSCCI Provider. I've also mapped the project folders on my machine.

But when I try to open any project, it is giving the following error message:

RH_Error_TFS.jpg

And if I click on Yes, it shows:

RH_Error2_TFS.jpg

If I say No for this second message, it opens the project without TFS connection. I can't check-out any file. I can just modify it and it will be saved locally.

When I'm outside of Robohelp project, means in the project folder, I can see all the project files are mapped and they have TFS check-in/check-out/Get latest.... all these options as shown below:

RH_Error3_TFS.jpg

But when I open the project, I can't see the TFS option under file menu.

Please suggest if there is any solution...

Thanks,

Dipali

• 1. Re: Robohelp 9 and TFS 2012 issue - TFS linking is not working
          Willam van Weelden CommunityMVP

Hi,

Just to be safe: Did you also install the VS 2012 Shell (Isolated) and the TFS plugin? As far as I know, you need the shell and the TFS provides apart from the MSSCCI provider. (http://www.adobe.com/devnet/robohelp/articles/robohelp-tfs-integration.html)

The interesting thing is not that the connection is lost, but that if you want to browse it, you don't see a browse page. Normally, RH would just show you a popup where you can select the project.

Now for some magic: **Note: I will describe how to manually change your source control link. Make sure that you have a backup apart from TFS, just in case.

• Check out the .XPJ file.
          • Remove the .CPD file.
          • Open the .XPJ file with a text editor, such as Notepad.
          • Search for the text <name>vc::cookie</name>

<matchedpair>

<name>vc::cookie</name>

<value>$/BV - MVV/Main/Key2Vergunningen/Tools/Documentatie/mvv-gebruikers</value>

</matchedpair>

• Now get the path from the VS project ($/BV - MVV) and the full path to the folder in source control where the project is stored.
          • Set the complete path between the <value></value> tags.
          • Save the .XPJ file.
          • Open the project with RoboHelp.

You connection should now be restored. Note that if you make even a small mistake in the TFS project path, RoboHelp will not be able to find the project.

Greet,

Willam

• 2. Re: Robohelp 9 and TFS 2012 issue - TFS linking is not working
            DBenke Community Member

Thanks Willam,

I've tried your suggestion but still the problem is not resolved.

I have to check-out and check-in the files outside the Robohelp project (without opening the project) and do the changes in Robohelp. There is no Source control option under File menu and right-click menu on any file.

It is not a good option to everytime check-out and check-in the files outside the project and do the changes inside. Also, it is not suitable in case of adding new windows, layouts for different outputs. I tried to do that but I could not. When I tried to check-in the Window/layout related changes on the folder (outside the RH project), I got a message that there are no pending changes to check-in.

Please suggest....

Thanks,

Dipali

• 3. Re: Robohelp 9 and TFS 2012 issue - TFS linking is not working
              Willam van Weelden CommunityMVP

That suggests that your project is not under version control from RH’s point of view.

Try the following:

1.       Click File > Source Control > Add

2.       Select TFS from the list.

3.       Follow the steps in the wizard to add the project to a new location in TFS.

If this doesn’t work, it’s time for the big guns. Let me know whether the above works.

Greet,

Willam