1 Reply Latest reply on May 23, 2013 9:29 AM by Pattie F

revel

larrydennis

Adobe moved my photoshop photos to revel after I specifically told them not to do so.  I want them restored to their previous state immediately. 

• 1. Re: revel
          Pattie F Employee Moderator

I am sorry you are unhappy about the move. Customers were notified by Email on 2/22 and also a message was posted on social media. Additional emails followed. Some users had forwarded our emails to spam and therefore saw the news later than others. Users were given the option to opt out. Otherwise, files were slated to be migrated (copied to Revel). Your files were not taken from Photoshop.com when they were copied to Revel, so there is not "previous state" to put them in. However, because Photoshop.com is being discontinued, you will not be able to add any more files there, and after 6/18, the photos will be deleted and Photoshop.com accounts will abe closed.

Because a decision was made to discontinue Photoshop.com sharing and storage, we gave users the option to have them moved to Revel rather than having all of their photos and the effort they took to upload them deleted. Users who had files on Adobe Photoshop.com Sharing and storage cloud site who did not opt out, did or will have their files copied to Adobe Revel (another Adobe cloud sharing and storage service) by 6/18. These files will remain available in Photoshop.com also until 6/18 in case users wish to archive them with our media downloader.

This was not done to upset customers, but rather was done as a convenience for customers so that they did not have to go to the effort of downloading from the one site and uploading to another since that can be very time consuming. Revel is a free account that you login to with the same credentials as you did on Photoshop.com. Although Revel is not a replacement for Photoshop.com (it has more of a focus on sharing between devices), it is an alternative.

Whether you choose to use Revel or not is up to you. If  you decide against it and you wish to have your photos and account deleted, we can take care of that for you.

Pattie