6 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2013 8:14 AM by the_wine_snob

Can I edit 'Dip to White'

alanmcsheehy Level 1

I am using the 'Dip to White' transition.

Can I edit it so that it starts 100% white and the fades out or do I have to live with the fade in then out?

Thanks in advance.

Alan

• 1. Re: Can I edit 'Dip to White'
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You should be able to. But how you edit the effect depends on which version of the program your'e using.

• 2. Re: Can I edit 'Dip to White'
            A.T. Romano Level 7

alanmcsheehy

Always good to know what version of Premiere Elements and Windows or Mac, but....

Please check out the following and let us know if it works for you...

a. Apply your Dip to White video transition and then double click the transition on the Timeline in order to open the transition adjustment area.

b. In the transition adjustment area, set the A Start % to 50.0. Leave the B End % at 100.0.

(the Alignment used for this transition was Center at Cut, and duration of transition was 1.00 second.)

What I have described is doable in Premiere Elements 11, 10, and 9.0/9.0.1 Windows. Did not try earlier versions of 8.0/8.0.1,7,4 which I expected would be the same in this regard.

ATR

• 3. Re: Can I edit 'Dip to White'
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Along with ATR's suggestion, there are other ways to "create" Dip-to-White. For instance, one can create a Color Matte, that is white. Its Opacity can be adjusted to say a 50% gray. Then, Cross-dissolves can be used. One can also use Keyframes to adjust that Color Matte's Opacity over time. The adjustments available will ONLY be limited by one's imagination.

Good luck, and please keep us informed,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Can I edit 'Dip to White'
                alanmcsheehy Level 1

I'm using PE11

I missed the word 'more' on the Dip to White pop up window.

It all works great now.

Thanks.

• 5. Re: Can I edit 'Dip to White'
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

alanmcsheehy

Thanks for the follow up.

As always, good to give Premiere Elements/computer info with questions.

In Premiere Elements versions earlier than 11, one would double click the transition placed on the Timeline and the Transitions Adjustments area would appear, presenting the opportunity to do that 50% setting for A as I suggested.

But, in Premiere Elements 11, there is a bit of a twist in getting to that A and B set. As you found out (good work), after you place the transition, you get an automatic pop up which appears to target transition alignment, not the A B sets. But, if you click the "More" button seen toward the bottom right of that pop up, you see a fuller Transitions Adjustments area which includes the A B set opportunities.

Automatic Pop Up With Placement of Transition

More.JPG

Expaned Transition Adjustments area after "More" is clicked on in the intitial pop up.

PETransitionAdjustment.JPG

Glad that you are moving forward in your Premiere Elements projects.

ATR

• 6. Re: Can I edit 'Dip to White'
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

That is excellent news!

Happy editing,

Hunt