2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 1, 2006 7:03 AM by Newsgroup_User

Does anyone know how to acheive this affect?

adeking
      Hi,

I am keen to implemment a similar effect used by the bbc news webpage. It has tabs which when you click load new content underneith, without the rest of the page reloading.

The link the the bbc page is below. The effect i am aftert is half way down the page on the far right column. It is the section which says "Most e-mailed" and "Most read" on the tabs

http://news.bbc.co.uk/

I have no idea how this is created so I dont evan know where to start looking. Thanks for your time.

Adrian
        • 1. Re: Does anyone know how to acheive this affect?
          Level 7
          Get Tab Panel Magic from www.projectseven.com

adeking wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > I am keen to implemment a similar effect used by the bbc news webpage. It has
          > tabs which when you click load new content underneith, without the rest of the
          > page reloading.
          >
          > The link the the bbc page is below. The effect i am aftert is half way down
          > the page on the far right column. It is the section which says "Most e-mailed"
          > and "Most read" on the tabs
          >
          > http://news.bbc.co.uk/
          >
          > I have no idea how this is created so I dont evan know where to start looking.
          > Thanks for your time.
          >
          > Adrian
          >
          • 2. Re: Does anyone know how to acheive this affect?
            Level 7
            On Tue, 1 Aug 2006 10:20:01 +0000 (UTC), "adeking"
            <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote:

> I am keen to implemment a similar effect used by the bbc news webpage. It has
            >tabs which when you click load new content underneith, without the rest of the
            >page reloading.

You're mistaken. The tabs load entirely new pages.

Gary