4 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2013 2:56 PM by PTM2011

Issue starting Premiere Elements 11

PTM2011

I'm experiencing 2 issues with Premiere Elements 11.  It is running on Windows Vista 32 bit machine with an Intel G33/G31 Graphics Driver.

Issue 1: When starting Elements Video Editor, I receive an error message that I have an incompatible display driver.  To get better and faster playback performance, please update your display driver.  I've been to the Intel site and have downloaded the latest version, and Intel's java applet has verified that my computer is running the latest version.  I've also verified with Dell that the computer has the latest driver.  Oddly enough, Elements continues to open.

Issue 2:  When trying to play portions of a video as I edit it, it won't play.  I can hear the sound, but the video image remains frozen.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Issue starting Premiere Elements 11
          PTM2011 Level 1

Nevermind.  I found another incompatible driver thread that described how to delete the "bad text" file which worked.

• 2. Re: Issue starting Premiere Elements 11
            A.T. Romano Level 7

PTM2011

If you are certain that the video card driver is up to day (even as per its manufacturer's web site), then it is time to try deleting the BadDrivers.txt file.

We will have to work together on that since I have Window XP 32 bt, Windows 7 64 bit, and Windows 8 64 bit, but no Windows Vista 32 bit.

Let me give you the path to the BadDrivers.txt file in Windows 7 64 bit and hope that you can translate that into the appropriate location for that file on your Windows Vista 32 bit.

Local Disk C

Program Data

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 11.0 Folder is the BadDrivers.txt file that you delete.

Please make sure that you are using Folder Options Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drivers so that you will see the complete path.

When you open Premiere Elements 11, please determine if the problem is resolved.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...I will try to check the location in my Windows XP 32 bit to see how that compares with the location that I suggested.

• 3. Re: Issue starting Premiere Elements 11
              A.T. Romano Level 7

PTM2011

I think that were just missed each other by a second or two in posting.

Please let us know if that works for you.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Issue starting Premiere Elements 11
                PTM2011 Level 1

Yes, it did.  I deleted the bad text file and it seems to be working.  I'll

let you know if I have any more issues.

Thanks for responding.

Phil