9 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2013 10:19 AM by peter minneapolis

    can i buy InDesign on a disk?

    alsherlock1

      I only use InDes and Illr occasionally - cant i buy on disk?

        • 1. Re: can i buy InDesign on a disk?
          Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

          I went to www.amazon.com and it looks like (in the US at least) you can still get InDesign CS6 or Illustrator CS6 on disc. I don't think this will be available for long. Adobe is moving toward a subscription model. I don't think you can normally order DVDs from them, you need to go to third party sellers.

          1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: can i buy InDesign on a disk?
            Dov Isaacs Adobe Employee

            Adobe is no longer shipping media for any of the products that were in the Creative Suite or are now part of the Creative Cloud and that includes InDesign and Illustrator. The only media that is still available is any left over stock in the “retail channel.”

             

            Of course, you can purchase CS6 licenses online, download the software, and burn your own DVDs! 

             

                      - Dov

            • 3. Re: can i buy InDesign on a disk?
              peter minneapolis Level 4

              "It depends" may apply here.

               

              Although I originally obtained my CS6 applications by download, I wanted to be sure I had a good backup before CS6 becomes a Creative Cloud-only product. So I tried downloading the trial from Adobe using the process that's often mentioned on these forums, via a link from prodesigntools.com. However, many download attempts timed out, most likely due to my slow ISP, not an Adobe problem. So, I contacted Adobe customer service to order a DVD. I'm a registered owner, so I wanted to buy only the DVD, not a new license. The customer-service rep said it wasn't possible, so I asked to escalate my request to a supervisor. The supervisor said that the rep wasn't fully informed, then told the rep to process the request. I didn't ask if this is available only to registered purchasers, or how long into the future this would be possible, if all CS6 product DVDs are currently available for purchase. So, YMMV.

               

               

              HTH

               

               

              Regards,

               

               

              Peter

              _______________________

              Peter Gold

              KnowHow ProServices

               

               

              Dov Isaacs wrote:

               

              Adobe is no longer shipping media for any of the products that were in the Creative Suite or are now part of the Creative Cloud and that includes InDesign and Illustrator. The only media that is still available is any left over stock in the “retail channel.”

               

              Of course, you can purchase CS6 licenses online, download the software, and burn your own DVDs! 

               

                        - Dov

              • 4. Re: can i buy InDesign on a disk?
                alsherlock1 Level 1

                having spent 75 minutes chatting with Adoe this am (and so far unsuccessfully), i certainly dont want to go there again if I can avoid it.

                thanks for your perspective - is helpful.

                • 5. Re: can i buy InDesign on a disk?
                  BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

                  Try the online chat instead.

                   

                  Bob

                  • 6. Re: can i buy InDesign on a disk?
                    peter minneapolis Level 4

                    Bob Levine wrote:

                     

                    Try the online chat instead.

                     

                    Bob

                    Sometimes this is a good idea, but in my case, I started with online chat and was told to call customer service during buxiness hours.

                     

                     

                    Regards,

                     

                     

                    Peter

                    _______________________

                    Peter Gold

                    KnowHow ProServices

                    • 7. Re: can i buy InDesign on a disk?
                      peter minneapolis Level 4

                      I suggest trying, "Please tell me your name again, so I can write it down....I don't mean to be rude or to insult you, but it sounds like you may not have been trained to handle this issue, or perhaps it is outside your area of responsibility, so I must insist that you ESCALATE this call to your HIGHEST-LEVEL SUPERVISOR. Please take my phone number for a callback in case the call gets disconnected... Now, please escalate me to your supervisor. Thank you for your attention I appreciate your effort."

                       

                      HTH

                       

                       

                      Regards,

                       

                       

                      Peter

                      _______________________

                      Peter Gold

                      KnowHow ProServices

                       

                      alsherlock1 wrote:

                       

                      having spent 75 minutes chatting with Adoe this am (and so far unsuccessfully), i certainly dont want to go there again if I can avoid it.

                      thanks for your perspective - is helpful.

                      • 8. Re: can i buy InDesign on a disk?
                        alsherlock1 Level 1

                        I was gentler, but same idea

                         

                        “I know that you're working on a system that is a robot with give-me-the-exact answers-or-the–answer-is-NO  programming, so let’s talk to a supervisor.”  That got me where you said, waiting for the call back. 

                         

                        Never make it personal!

                        • 9. Re: can i buy InDesign on a disk?
                          peter minneapolis Level 4

                          I agree that empathy gets more cooperation than hostility.

                           

                          I've done customer- and tech-support.

                           

                          I prefer the idea that the person's training (or lack of it) is the issue. When I've suggested that the rep's script blocks them from listening to me, the customer, reps who were thinking for themselves, or who felt that their script gave them some room to think for themselves, were offended.

                           

                          IMO, saying that it's the training that needs fixing, not the rep, fosters agreement and cooperation.

                           

                           

                          Regards,

                           

                           

                          Peter

                          _______________________

                          Peter Gold

                          KnowHow ProServices

                           

                           

                          alsherlock1 wrote:

                           

                          I was gentler, but same idea

                           

                          “I know that you're working on a system that is a robot with give-me-the-exact answers-or-the–answer-is-NO  programming, so let’s talk to a supervisor.”  That got me where you said, waiting for the call back. 

                           

                          Never make it personal!