3 Replies Latest reply: May 25, 2013 1:47 PM by Noel Carboni RSS

Color Matching

NeutraFace x64 Community Member

Hi there!

Is there any way to match close colors? I have two images, and I want to match the color of those through Adjustments i.e. Saturation, Brightness, etc. Attached is a same portion for both of the photos. Thank you.

Color.png

• 1. Re: Color Matching
          Noel Carboni Community Member

You might try the Image - Adjustments - Match Color function.

The other possibility that comes to mind is to set up the Bucket Fill tool with a small but sufficient tolerance, then sample colors from the other image, and bucket-fill them in the target image.  This could be facilitated by putting both images up side by side via the Window - Arrange function, then using Alt-click to sample the color, and just click to fill it.

Matched.png Original.png

-Noel

• 2. Re: Color Matching
            NeutraFace x64 Community Member

Thank you for the reply. Yes, the Bucket tool is REALLY CHARMING, but it would lose its charm when I say I have over a hundred files to do this. I just simply want to adjust maybe the colors of the second picture to match the colors of the first picture. Is there any way to do this accurately?

• 3. Re: Color Matching
              Noel Carboni Community Member

Did you try Image - Adjustments - Match Color?  Did it work, or at least get you close, to where you could tidy things up with the bucket?

-Noel