2 Replies Latest reply: May 27, 2013 6:06 AM by johnny_alpha RSS

Exporting hot spot names

johnny_alpha Community Member

Problem: I have an image with alot of complex polygon hotspots marked out, and each one is named in the property inspector. When I export the html file, the hotspots are all called

area shape="poly"

...instead of the names I assigned them in Fireworks. How do I export all of the hotspot names as well?

(otherwise I gotta re-name them all in dreamweaver - and I've got ALOT of these to do, each with 30 or more hotspots  :-/  )

Help appreciated!

• 1. Re: Exporting hot spot names
          groove25 Community Member

The shape attribute ("poly") is probably an essential one; I wouldn't change its value.

Were you hoping that the hotspot names would be exported as id attributes on each <area> tag? That'd be a reasonable expectation, but it doesn't seem to be set up that way, as far as I can determine. One thing I do notice is that hotspot areas appear listed in the same order in both the exported HTML and the FW Web Layer. This means it shouldn't be too difficult to add id's manually, keeping one eye on Fireworks and just moving down the list.

• 2. Re: Exporting hot spot names
            johnny_alpha Community Member

Thanks for your reply, groove. Extensive searches bought me to this conclusion also.

You're right - it is a reasonable expectation, and I'm surprised that Adobe have overlooked this. Mind you, it's the first time in 10 years of using FW that I've needed to do this.....