8 Replies Latest reply on May 30, 2013 11:32 AM by Genevieve Laroche

Check box results are not included in PDF download.

pkministrywebs

I created a form that includes 300 plus checkboxes and imported the form into FC.

I can see the form results in the excel spreadsheet and the table of results. But when I click the download PDF, none of the check box answers are downloaded. The text box results are visible on the pdf, but not the check-box results...

I want to download a completed PDF that looks like the original document... Here's a link to the pdf form...

http://www.pkministrywebs.info/shape_assessment_toolsz1.pdf

Please help....

Dave

• 1. Re: Check box results are not included in PDF download.
          Lucia Lao Employee Moderator

Hi,

Let me make sure I understand the workflow that you described (I also note a couple of questions along):

(1) You have imported a PDF form into FormsCentral.  Please share this form to llao@adobe.com and I will take a look.

To share a file, please see http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-2462

(2) When you said, "I can see the form results in the excel spreadsheet and the table of results." are you referring to the responses that you see via the View Responses tab in FormsCentral? if not, please clarify.

(3) When you said: "..when I click the download PDF, none of the check box answers are downloaded. The text box results are visible on the pdf, but not the check-box results..." 

Where in FormsCentral, do you select/click "download PDF" ? is this via the Distribute Tab "Save Submission-Enabled PDF" or is this via the app menu File/Export Responses, Download Selected Respones as PDF Form.. ?

Thanks,

Lucia

• 2. Re: Check box results are not included in PDF download.
            pkministrywebs Level 1

Thanks for helping me...

Response to your questions...

When I go to "View Responses" I see the table with filled-in check boxes. Then I would highlight a row of data. Then click on "Save as PDF". I open the saved pdf and I see only completed text for some text boxes and none of the check boxes are checked. I clicked "save as excel" and i was able to download an excel spreadsheet that includes the "checked" check boxes.  I want to be able to view a completed PDF that looks like my original except that the selected check-boxes are "checked".

I hope I answered your questions... I emailed the form to you.

Dave

• 3. Re: Check box results are not included in PDF download.
              Lucia Lao Employee Moderator

>>> When I go to "View Responses" I see the table with filled-in check boxes. Then I would highlight a row of data. Then click on "Save as PDF".

I believe you have selected in the menu File/"Download Selected Respones as PDF Form"  If this is not the case, please correct.

Thank you for providing the addtional information, we are looking into your problem

Lucia

• 4. Re: Check box results are not included in PDF download.
                Genevieve Laroche Adobe Employee

Update : there is a bug on our side. I will update this post once the fix makes it to FormsCentral.

Gen

• 5. Re: Check box results are not included in PDF download.
                  pkministrywebs Level 1

Hi Gen,

Thanks for the good news... When will this issue be resolved?

Dave

• 6. Re: Check box results are not included in PDF download.

Most likely you will have access to the fix in a couple of weeks.

Sorry for the inconveniences

Gen

• 7. Re: Check box results are not included in PDF download.
                      pkministrywebs Level 1

Thanks for letting me know that there is a 'bug' and not a problem on my end.

However, two weeks for resolution is a long time to wait when your working on a form project for a client. I just signed up for my first month on Forms Central and after a frustrating week of forum and one on one support, I learn that this online or "cloud" system couldn't process the PDF form.

My concern is this... I found a possible solution to my need to obtain results from a pdf form, but is it reliable? I am currently a week behind on a project and will be even further behind if I use FC to complete the project.

I'm questioning whether I need FC or not. Couldn't I email the fillable pdf form to the user and they complete it and email it back to me... I can save the completed form and export the data????

I'm questioning the reliability and value of FC. If I could speak with support via telephone, then I wouldn't be behind on this project.. If you were in my shoes, how would you feel right now?

Yes... I am a bit frustrated that my first FC form project doesn't work. I believe my concerns are reasonable. What can be done about the two week timeframe? This isn't what I was expecting.

I would like to speak with an Adobe support rep via telephone about this issue.

I welcome your response...

Dave

• 8. Re: Check box results are not included in PDF download.

I am sorry for the inconveniences. Have you already distributed this PDF and started to receive data?

I can offer to fix the PDF for you but that means that you will need to redistribute this new PDF.

Would that work for you?

Please email directly at glaroche@adobe.com with a copy of the original PDF you imported in FormsCentral.

Gen