2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2014 7:24 AM by ProDesignTools

Offline installer for Adobe Edge Animate?

Brian Fife

Hey,

I was wondering in the near future would it become available as and offline installer. I think creative cloud is an awesome concept but, I have a what they have told me is a virtual machine. I'm not sure what would make it one because it's a dell running on windows 7 (only) with two hard drives. The issue I was having was that I couldn't get the Adobe Application Manager running on my Virtual machine. So I wasn't able to download any programs listed in my Creative cloud package. So I found a link were I was able to download offline copies of all the Cs6 programs. I was able to install them by using the subscription option to verify that I was apart of Creative Cloud. Then I got to adobe edge animate v 1.5 and no luck no resources folder or setup.exe. Is there an earlier version with an older installer that I can just update or something? Really eager to learn it. Also will there ever be an Adobe Application Manager that supports Virtual Machines?

Thanks,

Tanner Fife

• 1. Re: Offline installer for Adobe Edge Animate?
          sarhunt Adobe Employee

Hi Tanner,

Give the Adobe cleaner tool a try - you can pick and choose which applications to remove. http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html. Let us know if it works.

Cheers,

Sarah

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Offline installer for Adobe Edge Animate?
            ProDesignTools MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Brian Fife wrote:

I was wondering in the near future would it become available as an offline installer. ... The issue I was having was that I couldn't get the Adobe Application Manager running on my Virtual machine. So I wasn't able to download any programs listed in my Creative cloud package. So I found a link were I was able to download offline copies of all the Cs6 programs. I was able to install them by using the subscription option to verify that I was a part of Creative Cloud. Then I got to adobe edge animate v 1.5 and no luck no resources folder or setup.exe. Is there an earlier version with an older installer that I can just update or something?  ...

Hey there Tanner, you're right that all versions of Edge Animate 2.0.1 and prior did not include a standalone installer...  There were ways to work around this, but Edge Animate stood alone in its lack of this native ability.

However, with the new release of Edge Animate 3.0 last week, there is now a bundled installer contained within the package...  So it's now complete out of the box, so to speak.  You'll find this upgraded version included in the Creative Cloud direct links; just be sure to follow the important instructions to enable the download.

1 person found this helpful