5 Replies Latest reply on May 25, 2013 9:58 AM by A.T. Romano

closing credits template

adobenewbie123 Level 1

First I just wanted to say it feels so good asking a question about closing credits as I am realizing that I am so close to finishig my first movie, And many thanks to the peeps o the board who helped me with so many technical issues. 

I noticed with many movies that closing credits scrll down with white font on a black background and the character names are listed on the left column and the actor names listed on the right column. And the font seems different and bigger in the right column. then underneath that, it lists the music in a completely different format. So here is my question. Is ther any such thing as a closing credits template that I can plug into adobe ad type in the information, without worrying about the formatting?

Thanks for your time!

• 1. Re: closing credits template
          the_wine_snob Level 9

I am not aware of such a Title Template, but what you describe would be easy to create.

In Titler (the Default Template), you can produce many lines of Text, and can separate the actor's name from their character's name with a Tab. I would use the Centered Paragraph Formatting.

When I want similar, I often create them in Photoshop, using a New Image Preset, that matches my Project's Preset. If one wants white Text on black, and they have no Video under where the Title will be placed, there are at least two options: create a black Background (with white text) in that New Image, or a Transparent Background, which will show as black in the Video. If this is to be a longer Title, that will perhaps Roll/scroll up (or down), after I have chosen my New Image w/ the appropriate Video Preset, I will increase the Canvas size on just the bottom, to however large I need, up to about 4000 pixels.

PrE's Titler can also create longer Titles, but I find it's operation to be a bit clunky. Ps is easier to use, IMHO.

When done in Ps, I Save_As a PSD, which is then Imported into PrE. I almost always use manual Keyframes on the Fixed Effect>Motion>Position, to animate the Roll/scroll, as I have complete control, where the Rolling Title Preset has its speed determined by the Duration of the Title.

You might take a look on Muvipix.com, as they have many PrE Menu Sets, and might have some worthwhile Title Templates too. I just do not remember them.

Good luck, and glad that you are now at the closing credits!

Hunt

PS - here is a very long Rolling Title, that I created with the steps above: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DtFhNoi614

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: closing credits template
            A.T. Romano Level 7

adobenewbie123

If I recall you have Premiere Elements 10 Windows, correct?

If so, go to Edit Header, Titles. There you will find Title Templates that come usually in several types

_credits

_frame

_lower 3rd

_title

I think that the _credits in various styles in that location are what you are looking for.

Please check it out and let us know if that works for you.

Great news about progress with your project.

ATR

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: closing credits template
              adobenewbie123 Level 1

Thanks A.T. and Bill!  I am going to explore those  options  when I get nack into editing mode tomorrow.  Hope you are having a great holiday weekend!

• 4. Re: closing credits template
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Adobenewbie123,

Please report, and do not hesitate to ask any questions, should you encounter any issues.

As for the Memorial Day Weekend, we are relaxing at home, as we leave for two weeks in Dijon and the Burgundy Region of France, then San Francisco.

Have a safe and wondrful Memorial Day too!

Hunt

• 5. Re: closing credits template
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

adobenewbie123

Thanks for the follow up.

We will be watching for your progress.

Best wishes for a great weekend (hope the weather co-operates).

ATR