- Use Windows Explorer to delete the content of the target location and try again.
- Generate to a different location.
- Create a new layout, not a duplicate.
- Create two duplicate layouts and trash the different halves of the content.
- Open a bottle.
Seriously, post back if Steps 1 to 4 don't work.
See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips
Will try, especially step 5.
Seriously, though, will do. I thought about printing to a different location, but, of course, not until after I shut down.
Another thing occurred to me. I complained to DH (Dear Hubby) about getting Java update checks all the time and he said, "Uninstall Java. If software needs Java, it will let you know." I know I did that on Thursday, but I can't remember if I did it before or after the last time I generated a printed doc. I doubt that has anything to do with it, but it's another thing I can investigate if your suggestion doesn't work.
I'll let you know how it goes.
Okay, here are the results:
- Use Windows Explorer to delete the content of the target location and try again. -- No, that didn't work.
- Generate to a different location. -- No, that didn't work.
- Create a new layout, not a duplicate. -- This worked, but the custom cover page I made is missing.Still, that's easy enough to re-create from an old version.
Thanks for your help!
Ignore that last sentence about the cover page being missing. I found it.
Actually, I *started* with Step 5 Friday evening.
Update: This happened again. Although Task Manager didn't show me anything interesting, I wonder if it's a memory problem. I had 3 Word docs, Firefox, Outlook, and an ERP application running, which is probably what I would have run when this happened before.
I had to kill the task with Task Manager.
Once again, I couldn't delete the output Word doc.
The Word doc was still there.
Tried to delete it. Nothing. Waited a few seconds, tried again. This time I could delete it.
This time I could finish generating Word.
(Darn, didn't get to step 5!)