12 Replies Latest reply on May 26, 2013 3:31 PM by ProDesigneHd
      • 1. Re: Could you please send me some feedback?
        Curt Y Level 7

If you have specific questions on points you are confused on we can try to answer, but generally we don't  provide analysis of tutorials.

• 2. Re: Could you please send me some feedback?
          ProDesigneHd Level 1

Curt, you got me wrong here. I am the one who made the tutorial. I am asking you and the others you to give me your opinion on my work with photoshop.
          After all, this is a Photoshop forum

• 3. Re: Could you please send me some feedback?
            Level 5

ProDesigneHd wrote:

Curt, you got me wrong here. I am the one who made the tutorial. I am asking you and the others you to give me your opinion on my work with photoshop.
            After all, this is a Photoshop forum

Curt Y understood that, and so did I.

The aim of this forum is for everyone who reads a thread to profit from all replies and discussions, not just the original poster.

In your case, you are asking advanced professionals to critique your work.  Because that work is unique, very few forum readers other than you, if any, are likely to benefit from such a freebie.

I believe that's what Curt Y had in mind when he replied:

If you have specific questions on points you are confused on we can try to answer, but generally we don't  provide analysis of tutorials.

If I'm wrong, he'll correct me and I apologize in advance.

To a prudent, objective bystander, your post smacks of self promotion.  Sorry. 

• 4. Re: Could you please send me some feedback?
              John Waller Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I don't see anything wrong with posting an occasional request for a review of a video tutorial. Similar requests pop up in other Adobe forums. Those who want to respond can. Those who don't, can pass.

I watched it and it seemed simple and straightforward enough. Not sure exactly what you wanted comment on.

I most appreciated the pace of the video. It was nice and snappy. Some video tutorials tend to labour the point on obvious steps. Yours moves along breezily.

Congrats.

• 5. Re: Could you please send me some feedback?
                Level 5

John Waller wrote:

I don't see anything wrong with posting a request for a review of a video tutorial…

…except for the self promotion aspect, frowned upon by the Terms of Use

http://www.adobe.com/misc/terms.html

• 6. Re: Could you please send me some feedback?

Yup, that's the letter of the law around here but there's also some latitude given by the forum police.

Plenty of similar requests get regularly posted throughout the year on various Adobe forums without comment or incident.

I just took this as a genuine request from a guy trying to improve his Photoshop skills and lesson delivery rather than a sneaky piece of viral marketing.

• 7. Re: Could you please send me some feedback?
                    Level 5

That I don't buy, sorry. 

Plenty of posters get their promotional info deleted from the signatures in their posts by the hosts practically on a daily basis.

How is posting a YouTube video any less offensive?   spam1.gif

To me this is very transparent.  

(Besides, posting my real personal opinion on the video itself would have been construed as less than polite.)

• 8. Re: Could you please send me some feedback?
                      Noel Carboni Level 8

I suppose it's not really different from asking about an image or a technique, but it's 5 minutes in duration, and to be able to comment meaningfully would probably require paying close attention and maybe even taking notes.  That seems an awful lot like work.

I've tried twice to take the time to look at it and both times I've been interrupted (once by a person showing up at my desk, and another time by a phone call).  Maybe later...

-Noel

• 9. Re: Could you please send me some feedback?
                        Level 5

Noel Carboni wrote:

I suppose it's not really different from asking about an image or a technique…

Commenting on a technique has the potential to benefit more than one reader of the thread; an analysis of this video not so much, IMO.

• 10. Re: Could you please send me some feedback?

station_two wrote:

That I don't buy, sorry. 

OK, we agree to disagree in this instance.

Lots of off-topic replies here to what I thought was a simple, harmless question.

I'm out of this thread. Have a nice day.

• 11. Re: Could you please send me some feedback?
                            conroy Level 5

The video is well-presented but some learners might be confused by the abrupt unexplained change from 3 Shape layers to 3 Groups in the Layers panel at about 02:20.

By the way, you didn't need to merge the 3 lower rectangular Shape layers, distort them, rasterize them and then cut them into 3 layers again. Instead, you could have just grouped the 3 Shapes then distorted the Group as a whole.

• 12. Re: Could you please send me some feedback?
                              ProDesigneHd Level 1

Thanks for everyone who provided me with constructive critisism, it really means a lot to me and it will definetly help me get better at Photoshop as well as teaching some others

To all of you who said that this discussion isn't appropriate because "I am trying to promote myself", you are wrong.
                              First of all, just because my Photoshop work is in a form of a video and uploaded to youtube, it doesn't mean that I am trying to promote myself. It could have been something else then a video, for example a picture and the video could be uploaded somewhere else from Youtube.

As far as I know, I posted my work that has to do with Photoshop and this is the appropriate forum. By posting this, I didn't hurt anyone since the goal of this was never intended to be "self promotion. If you guys are saying that this is self-promotion, then just to let you know that by replyiing here, people are paying more attention to my "self-promotion"!

I didn't ask for an "analysis", so don't try to put words in my mouth. All of what I asked for was for the people who would like to, to give me their opinion.

Anyway, this is my last reply for all of you who said that this isn't appropriate, since it is out of subject of this discussion and that I didn't create this discussion for all the arguing that is going on!