17 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2013 9:01 PM by newbe 510

Downloaded content for instant movie on harddrive but not in Elements 10

newbe 510

Just setting up my Elements 10 and downloaded full content from Adobe's site the 3 GB file in on the desktop and it's not showing in Elements. I'm sure I may have missed a step. Please help.

• 1. Re: Downloaded content for instant movie on harddrive but not in Elements 10
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, you have posted to the PrPro Forum, and not the Premiere Elements Forum. Maybe a MOD will Move the thread to the PrE Forum.

Now, when you downloaded that Additional Functional Content file, it should have contained an installer, and it will be archived with all necessary folders and files inside. Did you INSTALL that Additional Functional Content, or just DOWNLOAD the archived file? If you have not done the installation, that is what will place the folders and files into PrE 10.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Downloaded content for instant movie on harddrive but not in Elements 10
            A.T. Romano Level 7

newbe 510

If you have gotten the Akamai Net Session Interface successfully downloaded and installed, followed by the Content download to a folder on the computer desktop, you have to initiate the installation process for the Content. I will go through those details shortly.

Right now I want to make sure that you are looking in the correct location for them in your computer...example for DVD Templates...

(a) Do they appear in the Disc Menu section of a new Premiere Elements 10 project yet?

(b) The DVD Templates content that you install, can be found on the computer (if Windows 7 or 8 64 bit) in the path:

Local Disk C

Program Files (x86).....even though Premiere Elements 10 will be a 64 bit application when it is running on Windows 7 or 8 64 bit)

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 10

DVD Templates

Common

and then there will be category folders in the Common Folder, and in the category folders will be theme folders.

The one disc menu that comes with the program and the one that you do not have to download and install via this route is named Fun and can be found in Local Disc C/Program Files/......route.

We can go into other paths if necessary.

Please confirm how far along in this process you are with what sounds like Premiere Elements 10 Content 3.

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: Downloaded content for instant movie on harddrive but not in Elements 10
              A.T. Romano Level 7

newbe510

Starting from where you wrote

downloaded full content from Adobe's site the 3 GB file in on the desktop and it's not showing in Elements

When the download was complete, did you get a message

Open File Premiere Elements ............

followed by an extraction step and step up? If not, how far did you get?

ATR

• 6. Re: Downloaded content for instant movie on harddrive but not in Elements 10
                newbe 510 Level 1

(a) Only have two 1st is main menu 2nd scene  menu.

(b) Found to path:  desktop\Adobe Premiere Elements 10 Content

Size: 3.08 GB

Contains 232 Files 6 Folders

After I downloaded I did get the message open file and then it installed the content and I thought I was done. 

I guess would be to start the install process from my desktop.

• 7. Re: Downloaded content for instant movie on harddrive but not in Elements 10
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

newbe 510

Please update us on your progress.

You might want to consider downloading and installing one or two Content groups at a time rather than the whole which seems to be representing 3.08 GB.

Also, that Akamai Net Session Inteface that you had to download and install before the Content download and install may be having difficulties regarding your firewalls. You might want to shut off the firewalls (maybe antivirus also) until you get this task done.

Thanks.

ATR

• 8. Re: Downloaded content for instant movie on harddrive but not in Elements 10
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Newbie,

One more question, please: when you installed PrE, did you choose the default location, or did you install to a different Path?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 9. Re: Downloaded content for instant movie on harddrive but not in Elements 10
                      newbe 510 Level 1

Just returned --

PrE already installed on this new Laptop just needed the content extras. I did choose the default location. I could try to download one content group at a time but with the file sitting on my desktop I would guess it's not so hard to bring the files of ( 3.08 GB 232 files ) into PrE.

Is there a way to do this  -  or  -  is it best just to delete and re-install?

If it's better to re=install please point me in the right direction.

Thank you,

• 10. Re: Downloaded content for instant movie on harddrive but not in Elements 10
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

newbe510

Could we recap?

1. Were you successful with the download for the Content to your computer hard drive?

2. If so, was there content in the folder that was saved to your hard drive?

3. What happened after you clicked on the folder to open it? Did you receive instructions on how to proceed? If so, what happened after that. Did you follow all the instructions, but, when you went to look for these disc menus in the program, there were none?

4. Under the Control Panel, programs for uninstall, is there a listing for the Content separate from the rest of the program? If not, then I suspect that you never got what you downloaded installed.

5. So, if the installation files for the Content did not work, just delete them from the hard drive and try for a reinstall if you must but with antivirus and firewalls OFF. But, I would like for both of us to make sure that you are following through on what you have already.

6. If necessary, I will set up to do a step by step on this.

ATR

• 11. Re: Downloaded content for instant movie on harddrive but not in Elements 10
                          newbe 510 Level 1

1. Files on desktop but not found in Control Panel

2. After opening file I see lots of read files open as a note pad.

I'll delete these files from hard drive as it sounds like it would be much easier the re-install.

The step-by-step would be helpful.

New to PrE and windows 7.

thanks,

• 12. Re: Downloaded content for instant movie on harddrive but not in Elements 10
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

newbe 510

To expedite matters, I have already deleted all my Premiere Elements 10 Windows Content and am presently downloading one of the Premiere Elements Content groups from Adobe. I will give you a step by step once I have all of the download for that one Content group.

I did want to ask, when you did the download using that Akamai Net Session Download Manager, did you have check mark next to the option to open when complete?

I will post "the what should come next after the download" as soon as possible.

Thanks.

ATR

• 13. Re: Downloaded content for instant movie on harddrive but not in Elements 10
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

newbe 510

At the onset of the download, you are forced to download and install the Akamai Net Session Download Manager.

It is essential that the Firewalls get permission to allow. You will probably get a message from the computer telling you that.

For this mini How To, I download only 1 of the 6 groups of Content (the one named Content 3, 348 MB.

I did the download with a check mark next to the option to Open When Complete.

1. Downloaded to a computer desktop folder that I named PE10 Templates.

2. At the end of the download, I got a message asking permission to open, in this case,

Premiere Elements_10_Content_SD3_LS15.exe

Clicked Yes.

3. Next there an Extraction Step that I OK'd.

4. Then there was a Files Are Ready message with two options

a. Launch Adobe Premiere Elements Content

or

b. Open the specified folder C:\Users\Owner\Adobe Premiere Elements 10\

Selected "a" and cicked Finish

5. Received a computer message asking permission to allow Adobe Premiere Elements 10 to make change...gave a Yes to that.

6. Select language, English

7. Next appeared

Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard for Adobe Premiere Element 10 Content 3...gave a Next to that

8. Gave an Accept to the License Agreement page.

9. OK'd the Destination Folder given as

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 10\ ...gave a next to that one

Install

Finish

The job got done as evidence by the entry in the Control Panel installed program

"Adobe Premiere Elements 10 Content 3"

The Content from just this one group could also be found in the Program Files (x86) route as well as seen in the Disc Menus section of Premiere Elements 10.

I moved as fast as I could taking notes on the process. I believe them to be exact, but double check as you go and let me know the outcome.

Permission for that The Akamai Net Session Download Manager may be the stopping point in what you did. But, let us see what happens after you review the details supplied.

We will be watching for your follow up.

Thanks.

ATR

• 14. Re: Downloaded content for instant movie on harddrive but not in Elements 10
                                newbe 510 Level 1

Open when complete,

I can't recall I don't think so.

• 15. Re: Downloaded content for instant movie on harddrive but not in Elements 10
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

newbe 510

If you do not see any evidence of an install in Control Panel programs, you might consider deleting any trace of what you downloaded last time and start anew with maybe just what I have done tonight, one Content group?

If you think that you have a good download, open the .exe file in the download folder, may have to extract, and then install from the unzipped .exe and its instructions as the process moves forward.

Main thing is to watch out for the Akamai Net Session Download Manager and needed permission to allow.

ATR

• 17. Re: Downloaded content for instant movie on harddrive but not in Elements 10
                                    newbe 510 Level 1

A.T. Romano

It's all working now thanks for the help.