2 Replies Latest reply on May 25, 2013 8:04 PM by tobydog20

PS CS4 frame animation speed

tobydog20 Level 1

Hi all,

I have a jpeg sequence of 165 frames in my psd animation.  Upon export (as an .mov file), I need to keep frames 1-29 and 80-165 as is, but speed up frames 30-79.  How can achieve this in PS CS4? 

I have tried exporting each of the clips individually and then brought them into iMovie to speed up the middle portion and subsequently re-piece them all together. This works great, but I am not familiar enough with iMovie or Premiere Pro to export the file properly; it seems to not allow me to export it with the same specs (mainly size, 1280x1024 at 30fps) as my source files. 

Thanks,

Meena

• 1. Re: PS CS4 frame animation speed
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

1280x1024 is not a standard video resolution, hence it will be problematic to get this exported from any video editing program without it being cropped or scaled. In Premiere you could set a custom project setting in the project manager, but this generally disables all hardware acceleration and slows down working. Likewise, you will have to use a custom output setting when you render the timeline and only formats such as Quicktime and image sequences can be used.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: PS CS4 frame animation speed
            tobydog20 Level 1

thanks Mylenium.  I ended up importing the clips into After Effects, editing in there, and then exporting per my desired resolution.  appreciate your feedback though. 

meena