11 Replies Latest reply on May 26, 2013 6:46 AM by goldzetroglamen

NEW RENDER ERROR

goldzetroglamen

Hi Adobe.

I'm experiencing some problems with the rendering of some videos on AE CS4. I haven't had this problem before.

When i first installed After Effects a few months ago, i tried to render videos and AE rendered them beautifully, without a single issue. After a while(some months) it started crashing in certain points of the videos, and after a while it couldn't render more than 300 frames(after 300 or less frames it crashed).

I tried all the solutions available in this site and other sites, but none of them worked. I suspected that my computer had became slower over time and assumed that that was the problem, so I decided to reformat(myself) it as soon as possible.

I thought i fixed the problem by formatting my PC. When i tried to render the same video , it couldn't go beyond 200 frames

I'm very confused right now, how is it possible  that before, AE could render the same video without crashing even once , and now (even after formatting) it can't go beyond 200 frames.

Detail: when AE renders the video, it begins very fast and  just crashes at a random frame ( not at the same frame every time)

THIS IS BIZARRE, I TELL YOU!!!

PLEASE HELP ME, THE WORK OF MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!!!

My PC specs:

Win7 ultimate SP1

Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core E700 2

3.00 GHZ 2.99GHZ

INSTALLED Memory(Ram): 2.00 Gb (1,75 usable)

System type: 32-bit operating system

• 1. Re: NEW RENDER ERROR
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Well, have you actually checked your source footage for damage? Reinstalled Quicktime etc.? Rendered to an image sequence? Use the correct version of effects? Updated your graphics card driver for effects that use OpenGL? Could be so many things....

Mylenium

• 2. Re: NEW RENDER ERROR
            goldzetroglamen Level 1

Mylenium wrote:

Well, have you actually checked your source footage for damage? Reinstalled Quicktime etc.? Rendered to an image sequence? Use the correct version of effects? Updated your graphics card driver for effects that use OpenGL? Could be so many things....

Mylenium

1. the source footage can't be damaged because it is the same footage AE rendered before without crashing.
            2. Yes i actually installed QuickTime to support .mp4 video formats
            3. No i haven't rendered to an image sequence
            4. yes i have recently updated all the graphic card driver(there are no updates left)
            5. As for the correct version of effects(I don't know)

So now we have eliminated possibilities.

What is the solution?

Thanks for having the patience to reply to my problem, I really appreciate that.

Now please tell what the solution is?

• 3. Re: NEW RENDER ERROR
              goldzetroglamen Level 1

This site , THIS entire FORUM is completely useless

All this community is a farce

what is the point of this forum

for every problem i have had in AE and i have asked i always get something like:

Mylenium wrote:

Mylenium

I never get something concrete, just some general words i already know.

you are all a bunch of mediocre that pretend to know something

SHAME!!!!!

• 4. Re: NEW RENDER ERROR
                Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

This is a forum, not live support. People can only provide suggestions based on the info we get from you. If that doesn't resolve your issues, then there is only so much we can do. We are not sitting in front of your computer, you know. We don't know what's involved in your project, what minor oddities your computer may have or how the weather is on Tau Zeti Alpha. Sorry if this frustrates you, but there simply are some things between the Earth and the Moon that never can be resolved this way. Try rendering as an image sequence as already suggested, selectively dosable effects and layers, relaod your footage and all the little things. Yes, sometimes it's like grinding through sandstone, but that's just the way it is...

Mylenium

• 5. Re: NEW RENDER ERROR
                  goldzetroglamen Level 1

Please man, understand my state.

I have 7 days, including today trying to fix this thing(my eyes are aching).

I am only 5 days away from my presentation and i need to solve this  today.

I'm sorry i offended you, it's just because I'm so pissed with my computer, so pissed with myself, so pissed with my luck, that i just want to hit on everything I see.

(rendering an image sequence didn't work, it crashed after 160 frames.)

I just reformatted my pc a second time today, installed after effects, did everything  i did the first day i got after effects, step by step, and guess what, AE still crashes.

This is crazy, the fist time i rendered something with adobe(a really intense video 15:00 minutes, about 27000 frames) a few months ago it rendered it without  a problem, then after some time(3 months of quiet rendering) it suddenly started to crash in the middle of the video.

If reformatting couldn't resolve the problem, what can?

Then the problem started to grow even larger and now even after formatting 2 TIMES it can't render more then 200 frames(the video contains only the footage and some text, without effects)

Sorry for your time and everything man, but please help me, the situation is very depressing.

THIS IS A CURSE FROM THE GOD!!!

• 6. Re: NEW RENDER ERROR
                    Klaus_Brandenburg Level 2

goldzetroglamen wrote:

This site , THIS entire FORUM is completely useless

All this community is a farce

what is the point of this forum

for every problem i have had in AE and i have asked i always get something like:

Mylenium wrote:

Mylenium

I never get something concrete, just some general words i already know.

you are all a bunch of mediocre that pretend to know something

SHAME!!!!!

Well, did you even care to share what error you get??? You give little to none info on your project, effects used, what format your source file is and what format you are rendering to and expect a concrete answer? Sorry my crystal ball is a little foggy today and my mind reading skills only work up to 5 meters so I guess you should really think about how you are approching things and stop letting people guess.

• 7. Re: NEW RENDER ERROR
                      Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The key to finding your problem lies in your statement "After a while(some months) it started crashing in certain points of the videos, and after a while it couldn't render more than 300 frames(after 300 or less frames it crashed)."

Something changed on your system in those months. You either installed something, used up some drive space, loaded a new driver, or some component failed. No software that is working perfectly for months for all kinds of projects starts crashing without something changing on the system.

Any program rendering video, and that includes everything from iMovie or Microsoft Movie Maker to After Effects of Nuke, is very sensitive to graphics driver changes, changes in video or audio codecs, any change that re-routs memory. Any application that writes large files to disk a segment at a time is very sensitive to things like virus protection and memory management and can be made unstable by other programs running in the background or that don't release memory properly.

Without knowing what has changed it's impossible for anyone to guess. We can only go from our personal experience. On crashing issues I usually relate what I have heard rather than what I have experienced because I use AE to feed my family and I'm extremely careful with my machines. If they are working, and they are working more than 99% of the time, I don't change anything. If I run into a bug I work hard to track down the issue by providing every detail I can to Adobe's bug reporting stem. I do as much research as I can, and I get a work around to the problem as quickly as I can because lost time diagnosing problems costs me at least 150% of my hourly rate in lost production time and lost opportunity.

My first guess is that you installed something new on your system that is messing with memory allocation or the path to the hard drive. Any new drivers or system updates? Any changes to your anti-virus software? Any new video players downloaded? Without a bunch more information about your system, your project, and the crash logs, all we can do is guess. If you are crashing after about 300 frames you are most likely running out of memory.

Try opening up the secret preferences by holding down the Shift key when you click on Preferences>General tab and setting the Purge Memory to a small number and disable the render cache.

One more thing. Curse at me once I understand your frustration. Curse at me twice for the same thing and I'm walking away. I volunteer my time to other users of this forum, I give away projects, presets, and solutions at least weakly and so do other volunteers on this forum. I think you owe them all an apology.

1 person found this helpful
                      • 8. Re: NEW RENDER ERROR
                        goldzetroglamen Level 1

OK I'm sorry about the lack of information.

this is what I'm using:

1. The AFTER EFFECTS goes to a certain random frame and crashes without any error message.
                        2. No I'm not using any plugin or effects
                        3. The project contains only the footage montage and some text with no effects
                        4. The video is .mp4
                        5. I'm not using OpenGl because my video card is not compatible

If you need more information ask

• 9. Re: NEW RENDER ERROR
                          goldzetroglamen Level 1

I apologise everyone for my attitude!

I tried the secret preference panel holding shift but it just opened the ordinary general tab

I totally agree with your point of view sir, but don't you think that reformatting took care of all those programs that could possibly take the RAM from AE, huh?

• 10. Re: NEW RENDER ERROR
                            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The secrt panel is at the bottom of the preferences list.

If your source footage id .mp4 then that could be the source of the problem. It also could be the problem if you are trying to render an mp4 file. That's a highly compressed codec that uses a tremendous amount of cpu power to decode for rendering.

Try rendering to a lossless or uncompressed format.

• 11. Re: NEW RENDER ERROR
                              goldzetroglamen Level 1

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWW

RICK GERARD,  YOU ARE THE MAN

Thank you a looooooooooooooooooooooooot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I purged every 15 frames and disable layer cache and it worked like a dream.

MY nightmare ends here.

You saved my work, man.

I'll make sure to give you the deserved credit at my presentation.

AGAIN THANK YOU A LOT,

YOU SURE HAVE STYLE