2 Replies Latest reply: May 28, 2013 3:45 PM by TBoud11 RSS

Why Poor DVD quality Encore CS6 with Sony FS100 MTS files from PPro CS6

TBoud11

I am using PPro CS6 on a MAC Pro Quad zenon with Boot Camp. On PC side I was using PPro CS6 & Encore CS6 with MTS files from  Sony NX 5U with NO Problems.

I just started using a Sony FS100 recording 1080i (60) format MTS files. When I Dynamic Link to Encore, the quality of the image is very soft compare to image from previous

projects with MTS files from Sony NX 5U.When I open a previous NX5U project, it still displays and creates an excellant dvd.Need help in solving problem.

• 1. Re: Why Poor DVD quality Encore CS6 with Sony FS100 MTS files from PPro CS6
          John T Smith MVP

As a test, do it without dynamic link... export MPEG2-DVD out of PPro, and import the two (video and associated audio) files into Encore for authoring

• 2. Re: Why Poor DVD quality Encore CS6 with Sony FS100 MTS files from PPro CS6
            TBoud11 Community Member

Thanks for the advice. I tryed your method with same results.

I then tried changing project quality settings with somewhat better results

but not good enough results.

I looked at some of my previous dvds that used mts files from my Sony NX5U

and the quality was much better

that any results I am having using the Sony FS100 mts files. Even still

pictures do not look good now in Encore.

I then tried using Roxio Creator 10 Pro to make a dvd.

The results were excellant! Video files and stills are great.

I noticed that Encore CS6 is using the "Main Concept" codec to transcode.

Has something changed in the basic

settings with my Encore and can I reset my Encore to original defaults???

Any advice would be welcomed...Thanks again.

Tom