6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2013 1:37 AM by tommy jordan8

unknown error 2130969344

tommy jordan8

I am finding impossible to burn a disk in adobe premiere elements

i have tried different dvd manufacturers and also export file and tried to burn it

in nero and windows dvd maker, nothing seems to be working anybody know what is wrong?

• 1. Re: unknown error 2130969344
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Tommy Jordan8

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system (32 or 64 bit)?

Are you saying that you cannot burn to disc (presumed DVD disc) whether you use Nero, Windows DVD Maker, or Premiere Elements for the burn to DVD-VIDEO format on DVD disc?

If this is just a Premiere Elements problem, then please try the burn to folder and let us know the results. When one uses this approach, one takes the VIDEO_TS Folder (only) from the saved folder and burns it to DVD-VIDEO format on a DVD disc in the correct file system, using a free program such as ImgBurn.

If your problem relates to Nero and Windows DVD Maker as well as Premiere Elements, then

a. Go to the manufacturer of the DVD burner and check for Firmware Update as well as Driver Update.

b. If you are currently using an internal DVD burner but you have access to an external DVD burner, try the external DVD burner to see if that works.

What DVD burner do you have? If you do not know, please check computer Device Manager/DVD.CD-ROM drives, find your burner in the list, and then in its Properties/General look to see if it says that the burner is working or not.

Another possibility is what type of disc your burner prefers or demands...you mentioned using different discs, but have you looked at DVD-R versus DVD+R as well as another brand? What does your burner specifications say for discs supported? If you are using DVD-R, please consider DVD+R.

Let us start here and then determine what next.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: unknown error 2130969344
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Along with ATR's comments, this Adobe KB Article might be useful: http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/kb/troubleshoot-system-errors-freezes-burning.htm l

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: unknown error 2130969344
              tommy jordan8 Level 1

my system is window 32 bit.

I tried burn to folder but it didnt work either. i have also tried nero and windows dvd maker and click to disk editor. and i tried different manufacturers blank dvds but none of it works. Do you think it is the dvd burner itself is the problem it is an internal dvd burner.

• 4. Re: unknown error 2130969344
                the_wine_snob Level 9

In the linked Adobe KB Article, there were several more steps, such as switching your multi-drive/burner to DMA mode, removing, or disabling all other burning software, refreshing your multi-drive/burner's drivers in the OS, updating the multi-drive/burner's firmware (read the instructions for this very, very carefully, before doing so). Did those also fail?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: unknown error 2130969344
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

tommy jordan8

Any chance that you could gain access to a USB external DVD burner from a friend or associate to troubleshoot the DVD burner situation?

Have you gone to the web site of the manufacturer of your current DVD burner to see if any Firmware Update or Driver Update is posted there under Support?

We will continue to watch for your progress.

Thanks for the follow ups.

ATR

• 6. Re: unknown error 2130969344
                    tommy jordan8 Level 1

Re unknown error 2130969344

I have gone to Matshita website, they inform me the driver is updated. At the moment I am trying to turn off the firewall through the method described in the article but McAffee firewall won't temporarily close. I have closed Windows firewall. I am still grappling with that problem to see if that is the problem re the dvd burning. And I am looking out for an external burner but have not yet sourced one.

many thanks