5 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2013 1:09 PM by Noel Carboni

So I have to uninstall 13.0.4 in order to go 13.1.2?

GGoriita

I used many many many time to optimize CS6, workspaces, brushes, actions, and plugins... I unfortunatly don't have time to do it again every upgrade, If there is not another solution to move to CC I'll quit and ask my money back.

I'm very disappointed, because I always thougt it's right to pay and support Adobe because Ps is a great working tool. You can't waste all this time when you work, just for an update. Today I was 5 hours online to try to solve the problem.

Big disappointment

• 1. Re: So I have to uninstall 13.0.4 in order to go 13.1.2?
          Noel Carboni Level 8

What, specifically, went wrong during your attempt to upgrade?

Most have no trouble whatsoever upgrading from 13.0.x to 13.1.2.  I know I didn't have any problems when I moved up to my Creative Cloud subscription.  There's no built-in reason that I know of that you shouldn't have been able to get through it smoothly.  About the only thing even remotely like a "gotcha" that I can think of is that you might want to manually deactivate the old version's serial number by going through the Help - Deactivate menu.

-Noel

• 2. Re: So I have to uninstall 13.0.4 in order to go 13.1.2?
            GGoriita Level 1

Thank you Noel. I don't know what went wrong. The message was <<Update Installation failed. Error Code:  U44M1P7). On a computer that just have lightroom and Photoshop (it's dedicated to photographic work), everithing is up to date and optimized, a Mac pro.

I use CS6 on a Macbook too, for on location shooting and editing.

Everything can be done at this world, but for me it means to spend A LOT of time duplicating all my stuff another time on two computers, and maybe spend money because I'm not sure about some plugins.

Just for an upgrade? I don't want to use the short time I have that way. I pay software because when I work I want to concentrate to the work itself and not to software issues.

Cs6 runs great at the moment, if Adobe will not find a simple solution for upgrading from CS6 to CC, I'll ask my money back, and wait to see what happens with CC.

Thank you for your kind reply

G

• 3. Re: So I have to uninstall 13.0.4 in order to go 13.1.2?
              Noel Carboni Level 8

I appreciate your not expecting to have to spend time at this.

Of course, Adobe could weigh in here at any time, but since it works for the most part I doubt they're going to change anything any time soon to make Photoshop CS6 13.1.x easier to install at this point, so it may be up to you to find the way...

Have you tweaked any files in the Photoshop installation area manually (i.e., downloaded new versions yourself, or moved/deleted any files, etc.)?

You should know that even if an uninstall/reinstall is required, a simple uninstall doesn't delete all your settings and preferences.  They even have a sophisticated separate "Creative Suite Cleaner Tool" for just that reason.

But you could back up your preferences area just to be sure.  This page shows you where those files are:

http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/preference-file-names-locations-photoshop.html

Best of luck!

-Noel

• 4. Re: So I have to uninstall 13.0.4 in order to go 13.1.2?
                GGoriita Level 1

Thank you very much Noel! I see that many users encountered the same problem, but you are right: I doubt too..
                The page you gave me is very useful, and will save ton of time for me in case I'll decide to install CS6 again.. maybe one day I'll be at home with 'flu and nothing to do.. and I'll pass to CC.
                For the moment I stay disappointed (I wanted some new features, like keep syncronized the two computers) and I stay with "old" CS6.

You have been very kind, thank for your support and have a nice day!
                G

• 5. Re: So I have to uninstall 13.0.4 in order to go 13.1.2?
                  Noel Carboni Level 8

You're certainly welcome.

By the way, Photoshop CC 14.0 is going to provide some nice features for syncing settings on multiple systems through their cloud servers.  It also facilitates migration of your Photoshop CS6 settings into Photoshop CC 14.0.

Maybe you can just wait 3 weeks and install Photoshop CC 14.0 when it becomes available through the Adobe Application Manager.  I doubt it will have any problems upgrading, as it doesn't install in the same folders at all.

-Noel