7 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2013 1:21 PM by Veramjhayes

2 sided greeting card

Veramjhayes Level 1

Why doesnt the  "2 sided" button light up when making a greeting card?

• 1. Re: 2 sided greeting card
          Brett N Adobe Employee

You have to select one of the Folded presets when creating the card (these are only available when selecting from the Shutterfly presets). Most printers don't print both sides of a sheet of paper  at the same time. So, there is no point in creating a locally printed project that has two sides simultaneously because you can't actaully print it out that way. Instead, just make two different cards and print one side, put the paper back in upside down, and print again.

• 2. Re: 2 sided greeting card
            Veramjhayes Level 1

Hi Brett .. Flipping the paper is not a problem.. That is really what i meant,, just didn't say it right…. that is how the program that I use now works… I just bought PSE 11 for my Mac and would like to stop using my old Microsoft Pro.  The main problem seems to be that no matter what i do… I can't get it to print in Landscape.. on one half of the folding card stock. Instead it keeps printing from top-bottom of the paper .. instead of side - side on the bottom- top ,,, so I CAN flip the paper….It shouldn't be that hard.. but I have gone into it over and over and studied it and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong…  Its not like I have never printed like this before… I love making cards……

Thanks again for your help.

Vera

• 3. Re: 2 sided greeting card
              Brett N Adobe Employee

There is no automatic function to make that work, but it can be done.

If you want a card that stands (read so that the longest edge is top to bottom), when you create your card, select one of the Flat, Portrait templates. If you want a card that flips upward when you open it, select on of the Flat, Landscape templates.

Once you have finished creating your card, go to File > Print, select the correct paper size, set the print size to Scaled to Fit Media (you have to set this up in the Custom print size), make sure Crop to Fit is disabled, and make sure to change the orientation of the print (change a Portrait template to a Landscape orientation and vice versa). Then move the print to the bottom or right of the page respectively.

Screen Shot 2013-05-28 at 11.17.28 AM.jpg

• 4. Re: 2 sided greeting card
                Veramjhayes Level 1

Well…. sounds like my mistake might be that I am not printing from the file menu…. which actually is what i do with Microsoft Pro…. I have been clicking the print button at the bottom of the page. instead.. So will give it a try…. Thanks!

Vera

• 5. Re: 2 sided greeting card
                  Veramjhayes Level 1

Just tried several more times with the same results.,,Everything that says "landscape" is checked as far as I can see… Guess I will have to continue with my old program.. But disappointed because that is one of the reasons I bought PSE 11..

Vera

• 6. Re: 2 sided greeting card
                    Brett N Adobe Employee

Make sure if you are creating a Landscape card, you are setting the print to Portrait, so you don't want everything to be the same, some have to be opposites so that the paper size and the card to be printed don't fit each other.

• 7. Re: 2 sided greeting card
                      Veramjhayes Level 1

Well Brett… You have a big help but i have done everything and gone back several times and cannot find anything else to tweak…. I am not new at this as i have made cards for several years with my photos and know how to change settings etc…I just don't know what else to do.

I have tried to find a tutorial for this and haven't been able to do so… I have a new book that teaches PSE11 also .. It shows how to make the cards but not the printing of them.

If you know of any place I can look that would be helpful.

Thank you...

Vera