2 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2013 2:55 PM by the_wine_snob

i want to zoom my video, not zoom a photo

Mathias1989stockholm

Hello i use element 8. And i want to know what tool i have to use for zoom in on a guy who uses a whiteboard.

• 1. Re: i want to zoom my video, not zoom a photo
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Mathias1989stockholm

My response is directed at any that you might want to zoom in on in a video clip on the Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 Timeline.

a. Select your video clip, go to its Properties Palette/Motion Panel and expand the Motion Panel to reveal its options. You want the scale option. If you want to zoom in on something, move the Scale slider accordingly. But that will apply the zoom in to the whole clip.

b. If you want to change the scale (being used for your zoom) to vary across the duration of the clip, then you keyframe the Scale property. More information to follow if necessary.

c. There are also Presets that you can use.

Edit Header

Presets

then Horizontal or Vertical Image Zooms

Please let us know if the above targeted your question.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: i want to zoom my video, not zoom a photo
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Using ATR's Fixed Effect>Motion>Scale, one additional technique employed in many similar productions is to create a PiP (Picture in Picture), with a duplicate of your Clip (the wider-angle one), then Zoom in on the person at the board, and apply the Effect>Crop to that, so that one sees part of the wider shot, with the Zoomed duplicate appearing in a part of the screen. This is just a possible, additional treatment, and might not be something that you would wish to use.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - If you are new to the concept of Keyframing Effects over time, our MOD, Steve Grisetti, has a very nice Learning Series, Basic Keyframing with Premiere Elements, on the Muvipix.com Web site.