2 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2013 5:20 PM by the_wine_snob

Black Bars above and below my pictures in exported video to MPEG and AVI

Teacher 5

Hi.  This is my first time to be on this forum.  I have made a video for my 5th Grade class' banquet which is TOMORROW NIGHT,   .  My video looks awesome on the timeline, but when I export it to an MPEG or AVI, some of the pictures are not showing up the way they do on my timeline.  For example, many of the pictures have a black bar above and below the picture that is not on my Premiere Elements 11 timeline.    I'm praying that I can fix it as I am willing to stay up ALL night to figure it out.    Anybody on right now that can help me, pretty please???  Thank you!!

• 1. Re: Black Bars above and below my pictures in exported video to MPEG and AVI
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Teacher 5

Let us make sure of the settings, both import and export.

What Premiere Elements 11 project preset are you setting or is the program taking over to set it for you? Check out Edit Menu/Projects Settings to see what is set for the project by whomever.

What are the properties of your source media:

Video compression

Audio compression

Frame Size

Frame Rate

Progressive or Interlaced video

File Extension

Pixel Aspect Ratio

Duration

When you export to MPEG or AVI, what are your export settings and are you customizing them at all under the Advanced Button of the preset...

I am looking for

Publish+Share

Computer

MPEG or AVI

and then what are you putting in the field that says Presets:

after that are you customizing the export settings for that preset under the Advanced Button/Video Tab?

Let us start here and see if we can straighten all this out in the next few hours to avoid crunch time tomorrow night.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Black Bars above and below my pictures in exported video to MPEG and AVI
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

The black bars indicate a mis-match between the Project's Frame Size, and the Source Footage/Stills.

The answers to ATR's questions will point up where those mis-matches are.

This article will go into some detail on the causes, and many of the fixes: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3797172#3797172

Good luck, and let us know more, per ATR's questions, please,

Hunt