1 2 Previous Next 43 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2013 8:00 PM by A.T. Romano

No burner detected

artz77777

I have two blu ray drives; one is a burner; the other a regular DVD burner. After burning a Blu Ray, I wanted to burn a regular DVD, but then got the message above. I tried closing Adobe and re-opening; then I did a complete shut down and re-boot -- still got the same message. I'm wondering what the problem is? I recently upgraded to '11', having used several versions in the past, all of which could burn to regular DVD, and the later ones to Blu Ray as well. Looking for help on how to burn to a regular DVD for folks who don't have Blu Ray. Thanks.

• 1. Re: No burner detected
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

The "No burners detected" is common, when one has other software, that "hooks" the burners at bootup, and tells the OS that those burners are really removable HDD's. This can happen with Roxio and Nero programs, and even with such programs, as Quicken, which can invoke the OS's burning utilities.

This article cover many of the possible causes, and offers some options: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2776760#2776760

Good luck, and please let us know what possible burning software you might have installed.

Hunt

• 2. Re: No burner detected
            artz77777 Level 1

Thanks! I have Cyberlink DVD12 along with the other software included in the Suite (Cyberlink Media Suite 10). Thanks for your links -- I did check them out today (the FixIt link didn't work for Windows 8), so then tried googling that for 8 no luck on that). So, still working on it, but currently stalled on burning to a regular DVD (both of my drives can and have burned in the past with the earlier version of Premiere Elements). I did preview my Blu Ray output and that came out as expected (very pleased). So, will be open to addtional suggestions to get this out for folks that don't have Blu Ray. This one has stories from my 92 year old mother so would like to share with family. Incidentally, I have burned regular DVD's using Cyberlink. Could Cyberlink be causing a problem? Of course, I'm perplexed at that since I had Cyberlink (earlier version) on before when I burned from Adobe -- have been using Adobe for years (various versions).

• 3. Re: No burner detected
              A.T. Romano Level 7

artz77777

Could you elaborate on your drive situation as it relates to burn to to disc.

Usually Blu-ray burners can also burn to disc DVD to give the DVD-VIDEO format on the DVD disc. So, I am curious as to why your Blu-ray burner is not offering that option and you are not using it if your burner that is only a DVD burner is not being recognized by Premiere Elements. Or is it that neither drives is being recognized by Premiere Elements when the burn to is to DVD?

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 11 on...Windows 8 64 bit? If so, the Windows DVD Maker does not come with that. If you burn to folder in Premiere Elements does the free ImgBurn program recognize your DVD burner and then can be used to take the VIDEO_TS Folder from the saved folder to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc? 

Are you saying that at the present time you cannot burn to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc even with other burn software or is it that you just do not any longer have any other burn software? I am not clear on that point. Could you recap on what you presently can and cannot use to burn to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc versus what you do not have for that purpose?

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: No burner detected
                artz77777 Level 1

Thanks ... I have the option to burn to the hard drive under the regular DVD menu, so I could try that tomorrow (currently burning an iPad version). And yes, the burner does both Blu Ray and regular (my other drive is a Blu Ray reader and regular burner), so what has been a mystery to me is why it has no problem detecting the drive when I select Blu Ray, but when I select the regular DVD, it cannot detect the drive? I do have Windows 8 64 bit. And yes, I can burn to regular DVD using Cyberlink and Windows, just not Adobe. Thanks again!

• 5. Re: No burner detected
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

I would speculate that if another program is "hooking" the DVD burner, it is doing so via the ROM controller in the multi-drive, which probably differentiates between DVD and BD.

I have not seen a utility, such as Roxio, or Nero, that does the DLA, or InCD on a BD burner, but then I have none of those modules loaded on any of my computers, because they get in the way of using my PrE, or Encore. Maybe others have a more direct experience in exactly WHAT they hook.

As a for instance, if one has used Quicken's Save to Disk function, with a DVD capable multi-drive, Quicken will invoke Windows CD writer, at bootup, and that DVD multi-drive will most often then appear as a CD drive, at the hardware level, and then as a removable drive, higher up in the OS. PrE (and Encore), look to the OS and will determine that there is NO DVD burner, and that the DVD multi-drive is either a CD, or removable drive.

I am kind of hoping that things might change, as Sonic, the company from which the authoring modules in both PrE and Encore are licensed, has been acquired by Roxio. I will guess that most of the Roxio suite is from a different department, than the Sonic AuthorCore modules (also the base for Scenarist, a full-featured US $50K authoring app.), but it would be nice if they worked out something that would allow users to have the full Roxio suite, and not have those Roxio/Sonic AuthorCore modules fail to find the burner.

In the meantime, the process of Burn to Folder, and then ImgBurn has worked for almost everyone. I also like ImgBurn, as PrE does not allow direct control of Burn Speed, and that, along with the actual blank media, go a long way toward a DVD that has great playability. I find that a weakness with PrE's Burn to Disc.

Please update us on your success, and good luck,

Hunt

• 6. Re: No burner detected
                    artz77777 Level 1

Still working on it: I can burn to Blu Ray, mp4, but not regular DVD (says 'no burner detected' as soon as I select DVD). If I select Blu-ray, it recognizes that and I can burn. I'll try burning to a folder next, though it would be nice to burn directly as I used to do on previous Adobe versions.

• 7. Re: No burner detected
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

On a PC, if you go to the Start Menu, and then Run, type in "MSCONFIG" (without the "). Hit Enter. This will bring up the MSCONFIG application. In the main screen, there are two Tabs, that you should look at:

Services

Startup

In those Tabs will be everything that is loaded at bootup. Can you post the Services and Startup program/processes, that are launched, when you boot your machine?

It is likely that whatever is "hooking" the DVD burning function, is being launched at bootup.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 8. Re: No burner detected
                        artz77777 Level 1

Here's my Startup:

Startup.jpg

• 9. Re: No burner detected
                          artz77777 Level 1

Still trying to figure out how to capture 'Services' ... meanwhile, I finished an export to the hard drive ... trying to figure out now how to burn those exported files to DVD.

• 10. Re: No burner detected
                            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You don't burn files to make a DVD, you burn the entire folder... open a commercial movie DVD in Windows Explorer and look at the folder structure... that is the folder you should have on your hard drive

Then use the FREE http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download to write the folder to disc for DVD or BluRay (send the author a PayPal donation if you like his program)

• 11. Re: No burner detected
                              artz77777 Level 1

Pardon my ignorance ... since I used to burn straight from Adobe, I haven't done this for a long time. Would I then just burn both folders: Open DVD and Video_TS?

• 12. Re: No burner detected
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

artz77777

After you have done the Premiere Elements DVD burn to folder, you use only the VIDEO_TS and its entire content to take into a program such as the free ImgBurn for it to burn that content in the correct File System to DVD-VIDEO format on DVD disc.

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/burn_dvd_folder_imgburn.cfm

So in ImgBurn, after you select "Write files/folder to disc", go to the File Menu/Browse for a source folder (that VIDEO_TS) and use that in the ImgBurn workflow (Please refer to details in the how to link that I have posted.

Thanks.

ATR

• 13. Re: No burner detected
                                  the_wine_snob Level 9

This is just a guess, but I would explore CyberLink's Virtual Drive. I am not familiar with it, but you are looking for something that would "hook" at least the DVD portion of your multi-drive/burner.

For Nero and Roxio, their modules that do so are:

DLA

InCD

They basically create "virtual drives" so that with the OS, one can just click+drag files to blank DVD's, as though it was a real HDD.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 14. Re: No burner detected
                                    artz77777 Level 1

Thanks ... CyberLink's Virtual Drive is unchecked by default when I open it. It says to check to create a virtual dirve so not sure if that takes this piece out?

I can't figure out how to capture the 'Services' listings ... will keep working on this.

• 15. Re: No burner detected
                                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Ah, thank you. I am used to looking at an earlier version of the MSCONGIF screen, and missed that CyberLink Virtual Drive was not chosen to load. That rules it out as the culprit.

Thanks,

Hunt

• 16. Re: No burner detected
                                        artz77777 Level 1

Before trying imgburn, thought I would see if Cyberlink would work. Tried Power Producer as it has the option to burn disk from image. Unfortunately, it did not recognize the folder. Imgburn says it works up to Windows 7 so still need to confirm if that'll work with 8. Though, I am still puzzled why Cyberlink can't burn that Adobe export? Ultimately, I still want to get back to where I can burn directly from Adobe.

• 17. Re: No burner detected
                                          artz77777 Level 1

The options under Disc in Adobe: DVD, Blu-ray, and AVCHD

If I choose Blu-ray, it immediately recognizes and provides an option to burn to the blu-ray burner;

If I choose AVCHD, it immediately recognizes and provides an option to burn to either of my drives;

If I choose DVD, neither burner is recognized and I cannot activate either of the menus (Burner Location or Rescan).

I've checked both drives and can access and it appears I can burn from other software, including Windows. But in Adobe it only recognzies Blu-ray, and I can only burn to Blu-ray.

Then I checked to see if it could be something unique to my latest project. I opened an unfished project and it exhibits the same symptoms as above.

Hope that helps in analyzing this.

• 18. Re: No burner detected
                                            the_wine_snob Level 9

This is very odd.

Now, just to make sure that I am on the same page, when you did the Burn to Folder, you ended up with a VIDEO_TS folder, where you told PrE to locate it. That VIDEO_TS folder has the required IFO, BUP and VOB files inside. Is that correct?

If so, there should be no issue with any burning utility using the VIDEO_TS folder (w/ those files inside). This is the DVD-spec., and is not dependent on one's OS. It would be the same for a Mac, or a UNIX box.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 19. Re: No burner detected
                                              artz77777 Level 1

Yes, there are are IFO, BUP, and VOB files in the VIDEO_TS folder. I selected that folder (not the Open DVD folder), assuming it would include my menus etc. ... I can't figure that out either, but will need to work on it more later as the day has slipped away trying to resolve this.

• 20. Re: No burner detected
                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

artz77777

I would encourage you not to give up on troubleshooting the burn to DVD for Premiere Elements, so the following is for informational purposes...

I have used successfully Windows 8 64 bit as well as Windows 7 64 bit and the current version of ImgBurn with the Premiere Elements VIDEO_TS Folder from its burn to folder 4.7 GB.

However, ImgBurn has the unique "normal" feature of midway in the operation automatically opening and closing the burner tray. Windows 7 64 bit has always included "opening and closing", followed by successful continuation to the end product. I find with ImgBurn on Windows 8 64 bit, that the "opening" occurs but not the closing. So the user has to close the burner tray manually to continue the ImgBurn process to the successful completion.

I have not done a study to find out if this is a Windows 8 64 bit "thing" or rather something to do with my specific brand and model laptop which has Windows 8 64 bit as its operating system.

ATR

• 21. Re: No burner detected
                                                  the_wine_snob Level 9

ATR,

When using ImgBurn, I see the open/close operation after the completed burn, before the Verify function, which I always employ. I have never had the drawer open/close during the burn process - only after that has completed 100%.

On my workstation, the open/close is automatic on both my LG and my Plextor, but on my laptop with an Optiarc, the open is automatic, and then I must manually close the drawer. I even get a warning message that ImgBurn tried to close the drawer, but could not. That is because of the design of that laptop Optiarc - the closing of the drawer in totally manual, and not automatic.

Just my observations,

Hunt

• 22. Re: No burner detected
                                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

artz77777

In your post #19 you wrote

I selected that folder (not the Open DVD folder), assuming it would include my menus etc. ... I can't figure that out either, but will need to work on it more later

Not sure if you are looking for the menus location in the VIDEO_TS Folder. If you are, please check out the VST_01_0.VOB file for menus and the VST_01_1.VOB file for video.

Structure can be more complex, but that would be basic idea.

ATR

• 23. Re: No burner detected
                                                      the_wine_snob Level 9

ATR,

Yes, the very first VOB will have all Menus and navigation, and might also have part 1 of the MPEG-2 Video.

As per the DVD-specs., a VOB can only be ~ 1GB in size. Most authoring apps., so depending on the size of the Menus, it might fill the full first VOB, or maybe not. The Menus cannot span VOB's. Some authoring apps. will create a first VOB that is ONLY the Menus and navigation, without any MPEG-2. It will ALWAYS be ~ 1GB, or less. Other apps. will fill that first VOB with Menus and navigation, and if there is room, the beginning of the MPEG-2. In that scheme, all VOB's (except perhaps the last one) will be ~ 1GB in size.

In my experience, it is more common to have all Menus, navigation, and if there is any room, the beginning of the MPEG-2 in the first VOB. However, I just got one last week, with a much smaller first VOB, with ONLY the Menus and navigation, and the MPEG-2 began on the second VOB. Unfortunately, I have no clue as to what authoring app. created those VOB's.

As a sidenote, when Importing VOB's into Premiere, there can be issues with that first VOB. Most DVR's, and a lot of authoring apps. do not use 100% DVD-spec. Menus and navigation, and Premiere will often have issues with those. If it does not contain the first part of the MPEG-2, no problem. If it does, then the user will likely have to rip the MPEG-2 from it. Usually, all the other VOB's will Import just fine.

Hunt

• 24. Re: No burner detected
                                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Hunt,

Yes, the very first VOB will have all Menus and navigation, and might also have part 1 of the MPEG-2 Video

? "also have part 1 of the MPEG-2 Video"?

True, that depending on the size of the size of the project that the VIDEO_TS Folder represents, we see an expansive structure beyond, VTS_01_1.VOB (video assets). However, However, I have yet to see the VTS_01.0.VOB) go into an expansive structure similar to that for the video assets and/or contain anything other than menu material.

ATR

• 25. Re: No burner detected
                                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Hunt

Please refer my post #20 in this thread.

Please note that previously and now I am referring to operation as the total experience not any one particular time from beginning to end of the operation.

Back in post 21, you wrote:

When using ImgBurn, I see the open/close operation after the completed burn, before the Verify function, which I always employ. I have never had the drawer open/close during the burn process - only after that has completed 100%.

On my workstation, the open/close is automatic on both my LG and my Plextor, but on my laptop with an Optiarc, the open is automatic, and then I must manually close the drawer. I even get a warning message that ImgBurn tried to close the drawer, but could not. That is because of the design of that laptop Optiarc - the closing of the drawer in totally manual, and not automatic.

Just my observations,

Hunt

In what I wrote I mentioned the ImgBurn operation (at what seemed to me to be midway in the total time it took for me to get the "Operation Successfully Completed" message accompanied by some what I would call "off to the races" sound (if I had the speakers on).

This tray opening and closing business  can be found in several online articles via a Google search. Nothing new.

So, let me be more specific.

Before the operation begins, Eject disc = unchecked and Verify = checked.

During the operation, the program goes through several phases

Writing Lead In

Writing Sectors

next including

Synchronizing Cache phase, followed by a Cycling phase

The end of the Cycling phase seems to be the time for the burner tray to spontaneously open and close (in the case of Windows 7 64 bit desktop) or spontaneously open and needs manual closing (in the case of Windows 8 64 bit laptop).

A Verify process eventually follows. And then several minutes later (if all goes well), the "Operation Successfully Completed" pops up.

I needed to eject the disc manually as per the onset setting, yet that set did not prohibit the tray action during the operation.

I hope that clarifies matters.

ImgBurn and its cryptic messages can be a surprise, yet can be effective for the purposes that we intend for burn to standard DVD (4.7 GB/120 minutes). In addition, it is said that it can also handle DVD+R Double Layer One Sided, I have not been successful with that using ImgBurn. Apparently some have.

ATR

• 26. Re: No burner detected
                                                            the_wine_snob Level 9

I see it all of the time. So do many others, who Import VOB's, and then find that the first will not Import, and they miss the first part of the MPEG-2.

Hunt

• 27. Re: No burner detected
                                                              the_wine_snob Level 9

I have only used ImgBurn on XP-Pro machines (maybe on an NT 4?), and the buring process has never involved an open/close operation, regardless of the multi-drive/burner involved (maybe six different ones). I ONLY encounter that after the burn has completed, just before the Verify process begins. I have Verify always checked.

Just used ImgBurn 4x yesterday, on this XP-Pro SP3 laptop, with an Optiarc multi-drive/burner, and the open drawer only came after the complete burn. As the Optiarc does not have a true automatic drawer, I have to manually close it, to begin the Verify process.

On the workstation, with the LG and the Plextor, on XP-Pro SP3, the drawer opens AFTER the burn has completed, and then closes automatically, to begin the Verify process.

Are you encountering the drawer opening DURING the actual burn process? Are you sure?

Do you use Verify? If so, does your drawer open/close a second time?

Over the years, I have used many authoring and burning utilities, and have never had a multi-drive/burner drawer open DURING the burn. This includes Gear (several versions), Roxio, Nero, ImgBurn, PrPro, Encore, ImgBurn, CyberLink and Magix. Never has happened to me - only before Verify.

I hope that we are talking about the same thing, but think that we are. It appears that you are encountering a totally different behavior, than I ever have.

Hunt

• 28. Re: No burner detected
                                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

Hunt,

ImgBurn

With regard to ImgBurn, glad we have the chance to clarify again. But, I have answered all your questions and given detailed clarification already in my post #25, so I will not be adding more to that unless you have some new questions that are not addressed in post #25.

VTS_01_0.VOB

With regard to the VIDEO_TS Folder's "VTS_01_0.VOB" file, could you please let me know what specific programs were involved in the generation of a "VTS_01_0.VOB" file that had more than just menu content? Was Premiere Elements (any version) involved?

If you have any links to documents on user discussions in this regard, I would appreciate having a chance to read them. I find your post quoted below very interesting and would like to know more about when and how as well as where this happens.

I see it all of the time. So do many others, who Import VOB's, and then find that the first will not Import, and they miss the first part of the MPEG-2

ATR

• 29. Re: No burner detected
                                                                  the_wine_snob Level 9

OK, so we are clear on the operation of ImgBurn - the opening/closing of the drawer comes after the burn is complete 100%, and before the Verify operation, if that is checked?

I will try to find the various posts on the first VOB's, and the problems that others have encountered, over the years with Importing that one into PrE.

Later,

Hunt

• 30. Re: No burner detected
                                                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Hunt,

I will try to find the various posts on the first VOB's, and the problems that others have encountered, over the years with Importing that one into PrE.

Best we leave this discussion until after you return from your travel. But forgive these me these few additional remarks for now.

I am really not interested in the import of that file into Premiere Elements (any version) so let me direct the focus solely on the concept of the VTS_01_0.VOB file containing more than menu data.

I am not having any problems importing the VTS_01_0.VOB into Premiere Elements 11 (for example) using either Add Media/DVD Camera or Computer Drive and its Video Importer or making a copy of it from the VIDEO_TS Folder, saving that file to the hard drive and importing that into Premiere Elements 11 with that program's Add Media Files and Folders. You can put a good looking VOB file on the TImeline that plays back ONLY the menus of the ripped DVD-VIDEO...the point that I am trying to make.

The menus in this file cannot be used as menus in the project. They are a Timeline asset at this point.

What I am questioning is you seeming to say that this menu data containing VTS_01_0.VOB can contain some additional non menu MPEG2 data. That is where I would like to see the thinking on that in any program, in particular Premiere Elements.

Moving forward my energies will be directed to artz77777 and trying to help sort out the OP's issue.

Thanks for the follow up.

ATR

• 31. Re: No burner detected
                                                                      artz77777 Level 1

I tested Cyberlink Power2Go, which I have as part of MediaSuite 10 package, and I was able to successfully burn a regular DVD with it from the VIDEO_TS folder created by Adobe. Of course, the quality is not nearly as good as the blu-ray; but for now this is the best work-around option while waiting for the day when I can once again burn directly from Adobe. I'm not sure what else to try at this point since the problem seems to be narrowed down to the fact that Adobe can't seem to recognize the burner when choosing 'DVD'. As noted above, it did fine with burning to blu-ray, the computer, and creating an .mp4, so 3 out of 4 is my latest update.

• 32. Re: No burner detected
                                                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

artz77777

As for ImgBurn, I have it installed and successfully running on my Lenovo laptop that came with Windows 8 64 bit operating system.

As for CyberLink, I have CyberLink PowerProducer (version 5) that came with my Blu-ray DVD burner. If I go to the PowerProducer/Disc Utilities in the Suite, it has a "Burn Disc from Folder" option whose description would suggest can do for the VIDEO_TS to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc. However, it will not do that at the moment of truth when I insert the DVD disc in the burner tray and click Start in the program dialog. I end up with a message that the folder is invalid.

The PowerDVD in the Suite will not do it, although I found this which may be version specific?

http://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=1567

And, Power2Go will accept the VIDEO_TS, only to generate a DataDisc, not DVD-VIDEO format on DVD disc.

Since you are dealing with a later version of PowerProducer than I am, does your Disc Utilities Burn Disc from Folder not work for you also?

I will try to get back to your original issue, but detoured a lot lately.

Thanks for the follow up.

ATR

• 33. Re: No burner detected
                                                                          artz77777 Level 1

Thanks! I used PowertoGo 8. It was quick and easy to use, quickly recognized the folder and burned successfully. I then took the DVD to another player hooked up to our TV, and it worked fine. Of course, the quality, as noted, is quite a drop from blu-ray so not sure if the Adobe encoding drops it down that much or ? In fact, the mp4 version is much better than the DVD encoded one. So, if I were sharing with others, and didn't need the menus, I'd give them an mp4 rather than the DVD encoded export. That is a bit puzzling too -- why the DVD export would be of a lower quality than mp4?

• 34. Re: No burner detected
                                                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

artz77777

Thank for the follow up on that PowertoGo 8.

I purchased the Blu-ray DVD burner several years ago and it has been servicing its purposes for Blu-ray playback, so I have never upgraded beyond the original OEM. My computer info is telling me that I have PowerProducer v5 and Power2Go v6. Both of them have options that "should" allow me to take the VIDEO_TS to a DVD disc with the required file system. But neither are. So, I need to find out if I am missing a step or just suffering from the OEM software restrictions.

I am curious about what you wrote

In fact, the mp4 version is much better than the DVD encoded one. So, if I were sharing with others, and didn't need the menus, I'd give them an mp4 rather than the DVD encoded export. That is a bit puzzling too -- why the DVD export would be of a lower quality than mp4?

What is the frame size of the .mp4 as compared to the 720 x 480 frame size of the DVD-VIDEO format? What is the compression type for the .mp4? Also, you may have said, put please remind me, what players are involved in the viewing of the .mp4 and DVD-VIDEO?

Thanks again.

ATR

• 35. Re: No burner detected
                                                                              artz77777 Level 1

Not sure about the differences between v6 and v8 on Power2Go, though one observation I have is that Cyberlink seems to be on a continous upgrade recommendation mode (even with the software I got a few months ago). I had an older version I used on occasion, but didn't do the burn described above, so don't have experience on that.

The mp4 export frame size 400 x 224, but when viewed on my Samsung monitor with the computer .. it looks way better than DVD-video (also did a big screen TV viiew with the video export) -- just enough to know that there's something not quite up to par on the Adobe export to the hard drive for the DVD option.

• 36. Re: No burner detected
                                                                                artz77777 Level 1

Expanded inquiry: does anyone know why an mp4 export would be far superior than a DVD export to the hard drive -- both from Adobe? I have titles, and there is a very clear difference in the clarity between the two; and the video is much sharper and clearer on the mp4. And it has nothing to do with Power2Go as I also tested playing the files exported from Adobe directly. They are inferior to both mp4 and blu-ray. I'm not seeing how to change the DVD export from Adobe, so curious what experience/insights others may have on this?

• 37. Re: No burner detected
                                                                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

artz77777

What is the video compression and bitrate for this 400 x 224 pixels .mp4 file? And, are we talking about the exact same Premiere Elements Timeline being exported, one to DVD-VIDEO and one to a .mp4 file saved to the computer hard drive? If file saved to hard drive, what is the route and export settings.

I can understand the "inferior to Blu-ray" 1920 x 1080 vs 720 x 480 frame size, but interesting "inferior to .mp4" 400 x 224 frame size? But, there is always the differences between the compression from H.264 if that is the video compression versus the MPEG2 compression of the DVD-VIDEO.

In generating your exports, was field order a consideration since the standard for DVD-VIDEO does include field order of lower field first; whereas, often the case, source has field order of upper field first.

More later.

ATR

• 38. Re: No burner detected
                                                                                    artz77777 Level 1

I'm still learning Elements 11, so first an error on my part: the mp4 export was done using the 'Mobile Phones and Player' option. I likely selected the higher setting within that option so more likely it was 1920 x 1080 with the 1080p choice. I did use the same exact same timeline for export. The size of the mp4 export (just under one hour on the timeline) is 2.09 GB. As for the export to the computer folder, I chose 'Disc' and then 'Folder (4.7 GB)'. The size listed for that export is 3.62 GB. I have not been able to find any options to see what settings are used or to make any changes -- so whatever Adobe uses as the default is what my settings likely are. I believe with my last two versions of Adobe, I could export the HD video to standard and the quality came out much higher too than what I'm getting with version 11.

• 39. Re: No burner detected
                                                                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

arz77777

As I remember when HDV was the focus, there was always reports yes and no about whether better results for DVD-VIDEO from the HDV imported into Premiere Elements and exported as DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc or from HDV downsized in camera or elsewhere prior to import in a Premiere Elements project for the same burn to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc.

With regard to your Premiere Elements 11 questions, have you looked into that angle taking your HD footage to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc or for that matter Premiere Elements burn to folder 4.7 GB and taken to DVD-VIDEO in the 3rd party software that will do the job?

ATR

1 2 Previous Next