2 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2013 5:09 AM by Rick Gerard

DRAG AND SELECT MASKS NOT WORKING

tinekeljones

Hi there

I think I have somehow changed a setting on how selecting my masks work.

I am trying to select multiple vertices by draging the cursor. Normally this works fine.

But today all of a sudden it instead grabs the closed edge of the mask and moves that.

I've used AFX for over 8 years and never come across it. I'm assuming its a quick fix but have no idea hwat or how it has happened

Any help would be appreciated.

thx.

• 1. Re: DRAG AND SELECT MASKS NOT WORKING
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Screenshots? Sounds highly unusual...

Mylenium

• 2. Re: DRAG AND SELECT MASKS NOT WORKING
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Select the layer not the mask in the timeline. Select the direct selection tool (v). Click on any point in a mask. As you move away from the selected point the cursor should change from a small black arrow to a small white one. Now marquis select that point or any other points.

If that doesn't work then try selecting the pen tool (g) and then hold down the cmnd/ctrl key to select a point on the mask.

Try selecting the mask in the timeline. Your direct selection cursor should change from the large black arrow to the small black one or the small white one as you hover over or near the selected mask points.

If the Transform Mask tool is selected try pressing the escape key to deselect it.

If none of these things work try deleting your prefs.

I should have asked this question first. Did anything recently change on your system? Graphics drivers? Software Update?