4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 26, 2007 6:34 AM by flyingj481

Administrative monitoring

JSRCD
      For Captivate 3, how advance are the administrative support functions regarding
      Reports
      Test result notifications such as employee log-in and off activity
      Test score result notifications
      Completion attempts

Is Cap 3 supervisor friendly to monitor employee activity?
        • 1. Re: Administrative monitoring
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Hi JSRCD

Captivate doesn't really offer anything along those lines. Unless I'm mistaken, this would fall into the realm of what a Learning Management System (LMS) would offer. Captivate output is often used in a manner where the LMS serves the Captivate content to the user. In that realm, all the information you are referring to becomes available through the LMS.

Cheers... Rick
          • 2. Re: Administrative monitoring
            JSRCD Level 1
            Then LMS is a seperate program and format to purchase correct?
            • 3. Re: Administrative monitoring
              Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
              Hi again

Indeed a LMS is a separate (and sometimes pricey) application. It requires an administrator to design curriculum and enter details and all that. However, there is one out there that is open source (read free to obtain and use) called Moodle. http://moodle.org/

There is another web based alternative that offers up a free trial period. It is at http://www.inquisiq.com.

Hopefully this helps a smidge... Rick
              • 4. Re: Administrative monitoring
                flyingj481 Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)
                If you want to try an adobe product with LMS like features try a trial account of Connect Professional. You may have to contact an Adobe Reseller for this, and I'm not trying to sell myself, there are a lot out there, but I would be happy to set you up with a trial account of Connect Pro, or even just discuss if it is something you truly need. Connect Pro and Captivate work well together so it is a great way to see how you can use the quizzes effectively.

Jorma@RealEyes