2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2013 2:34 PM by p.sim

ColdFusion.Ajax.submitForm no longer works in IE10? any solutions

MakaluAgility

I have the following code, it works fine in IE8 & IE9 but stopped working in IE10, does anyone know why? the alert is displayed and it re-loads the page...it just doens't call the Ajax call..any help need to get this working again ASAP! Thanks.

function submitaddsitemed(){

alert('test');

ColdFusion.Ajax.submitForm('frm_testmed','test_add.cfm',callback,errorHandler,false);

location.reload();

}

• 1. Re: ColdFusion.Ajax.submitForm no longer works in IE10? any solutions
          Steve Sommers Level 4

I have seen a similar and possibly related issue with IE10. I don't use ColdFusion's ajax routines and instead use jquery but I have found that using ajax with a POST fails on some IE10 users whereas GET works all the time. Like your symptom, no alert or error of any kind displayed or logged. It does not fail for all IE10 users, only some which leads me to believe there is a security setting somewhere in IE to not allow ajax POST requests but I have not spent enough time to determine the issue -- I cannot duplicate the issue with my hands on IE10 testing.

• 2. Re: ColdFusion.Ajax.submitForm no longer works in IE10? any solutions
            p.sim Level 3

IE10 is a failed product. Many sites do not work properly under IE10 even with different mode. In fact, I've just installed IE10 and went back to IE9.

In any case, try to implement using jQuery instead of ColdFusion.Ajax.submitForm. jQuery provides far better compatibility across different browsers and versions.