5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2013 1:45 AM by Miceincloaks

Photoshop CS6 Randomly Crashes using Intel HD Graphics 4000

msbgunavailablewhat

When using Photoshop CS6 on Windows 8 [Surface Pro], it randomly crashes. I normally can only use Photoshop for less than a minute, doing less than ten actions, before it crashes. I get an error message saying "Adobe Photoshop CS6 has stopped working." If I debug it using Visual Studio, I get this message:

Unhandled exception at 0x5442B60E (ig7icd32.dll) in Photoshop.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x0000002C.

I looked up ig7icd32.dll and it seems to be published by Intel and related to my graphics hardware, so I assume the problem is related to my Intel HD Graphics 4000.

Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this problem or as to what might be causing it?

EDIT:

Also, when launching Photoshop, I get this message:

Photoshop has encountered a problem with the display driver, and has temporarily disabled enhancements which use the graphics hardware.

Check the manufacturer's website for the latest software.

Graphics hardware enhancements can be enabled in the performance panel of preferences.

For more information, visit:

http://www.adobe.com/go/photoshop_gpu_en

All my drivers are fully updated, and all Windows updates are installed. No other applications have any problems with my graphics hardware.