3 Replies Latest reply on May 29, 2013 7:49 AM by Peter Spier

InDesign crashing when packaging

Gelada Netsol

I have run permission repairs and also updated ID CS6 to the latest updates. Have also tried saving with a short file name and it has no special characters as suggested in other threads.

Here is a copy of the crash report:

http://pastebin.com/CLtYVXrP

• 1. Re: InDesign crashing when packaging
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Your crash seems to be in apple code, not Adobe, but that doesn't necessarily mean the problem isn't in ID at the root.

You mentioned short file names. It can be a problem if the path name to a link is too long, or has an illegal character, not just the name of the package folder. Font managers (and fonts) can also cause trouble on occasion with packaging.

• 2. Re: InDesign crashing when packaging
            Gelada Netsol Level 1

Originally the file was stored on a server driver, but have also tried saving to my desktop with no special characters in the filename and the problem persists.

Any tips (or links) on what do check for relating to a possible Font issue?

• 3. Re: InDesign crashing when packaging
              Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Again, the problem with filenames is more likely to be the name or path to a link. Unless you move the links and relink to the new location the path to the links will not change and it will not make a difference if that's the problem. Of course missing links, or out-of-date links could be a problem, so have you checked the link status?

As far as fonts, I thnik the reopts of problems I've seen have been either locked fonts or problems with auto-activation and collecting through the font manager.