1 Reply Latest reply on May 29, 2013 10:40 AM by Brett N

How can I replicate the functions of Pixio Photo Maximizer Professional 3 using CS5

South Essex

I have been receiving advertisements for Pixio Photo Maximizer Professional 3 which claim that photographs can be enlarged without loss of detail and that it is easy to remove people/objects from photographs.

Are these functions available in CS5 and, if so, how do I access them?

• 1. Re: How can I replicate the functions of Pixio Photo Maximizer Professional 3 using CS5
          Brett N Adobe Employee

Enlarging images don't result in a loss of detail, just of an apparent softening of details. There are different algorithms for creating the new material that is required to enlarge an image. Pixio simply has a their own proprietary algorithm for enlarging (Photoshop has several to choose from, some are better for enlarging, others for reducing, and still others for non-photographic images). You can alway enlarge and then apply sharpening (which will produce results that are similar to what a "no loss of detail" enlargement does).

There are MANY tools in Photoshop that can be used to remove people/objects. Spot Heal with Content Aware is probably going to be the quickest and easiest.