8 Replies Latest reply on May 30, 2013 12:45 PM by Barb 6420

Barb 6420

Barb 6420

I have been uploading videos with out any problem for at least a year and a half.  Last week I had to upload a project 2 or 3 times before youtube would except it.  Now no matter how many times I try I always get an error message of "unable to convert video file".  I changed my browser to Google Chrome which was a recommendation from youtube.  Does anyone have an answer to my problem?

Thanks

Barb

• 1. Re: Barb 6420
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

First, what version of PrE are you using, and on what OS?

Next, let's run a test. Export/Share/Publish your Project to a video file, w/ the same YouTube presets. Then, log into your YouTube account, and attempt to manually upload that file. Did that work?

Please let us know a bit more,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Barb 6420
            Barb 6420 Level 1

Thanks Bill that worked!  I am working with Elements 10 and I am operating with windows 7 professional on a Dell Precision T5600.  I was using Interenet Explorer but when I started having the problem I switched to Google Chrome but that didn't fix my problem.  Since I can upload manually through my YouTube account is there a solution to my problem of uploading through the editing software?

Thanks

Barb

• 3. Re: Barb 6420
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Barb6410

What video and audio codecs and file extensions are involved with the content of your Timeline that you were trying to upload to YouTube via the Publish+Share/Online/YouTube route? And what specific YouTube preset were you selecting in this route? Also, what is the file size and duration of this content as reflected in the Publish+Share/Online/YouTube area?

To what did you convert your Timeline content to get the file that you uploaded to YouTube at the YouTube web site? Please give the specifics. I see that Hunt recommended

Export/Share/Publish your Project to a video file, w/ the same YouTube presets.

I would like to check the comparison between YouTube preset used and parameters that you set for the Timeline content exported to file.

If you took that exported file and imported it into a new Premiere Elements project, could you then upload that Timeline content to YouTube via Premiere Elements' Publish+Share/Online/YouTube?

We are hoping that the above will point us to the cause of your YouTube problem and suggest a remedy.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Barb 6420
                Barb 6420 Level 1

The video and audio in my timeline consists of MTS, MOV, PNG, JPG.  My project presets are NTSC-AVCHD-Full HD 1080i 30. I always render these since it is raw footage.  Once rendered I go to share and select YouTube to upload online and chose the setting High Definition Video for YouTube 1920x1080.  The duration of the videos varies the one I couldn't upload yesterday was 14 min 38 sec but most are between 2 to 4 1/2 min.  This actually started last week.  I would try to upload and it would fail 2 to 3 times and then would finally upload.  This week it didn't matter how many times I tried it wouldn't upload.

Yesterday I saved it on my computer by going to share then I chose AVCHD then selected YouTube Widescreen HD.  After it was rendered and saved on my computer I went to YouTube and uploaded it from there without any problems.

I hope I answered all your questions and gave you enough information.

Thanks

Barb

• 5. Re: Barb 6420
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Barb

Thank you for the details. Much appreciated.

For troubleshooting purposes...

Under the circumstances, what I was particularly curious about was the outcome of:

a. exporting your problem Timeline content as you have, that is, exporting to a file saved to the computer hard drive

b. but, instead of uploading that file to YouTube at the YouTube web site, import that into a new Premiere Elements project

c. and then, use Premiere Elements new project's /Online/YouTube/and its preset in order to upload to YouTube from there within the new project

Since you know that the export file is working for you with the upload to YouTube at YouTube, I thought it interesting to see how Premiere Elements  and the Online/YouTube treats this file uploading it to YouTube from within the program...especially in view of the message that you report "unable to convert video file".

Does the upload succeed then?

ATR

• 6. Re: Barb 6420
                    Barb 6420 Level 1

Yes!  I saved it to may computer then brought it in as a new project, rendered it then uploaded it to YouTube without any issues.

Thanks

Barb

• 7. Re: Barb 6420
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Barb 6420

Thanks for that additional information. That was very helpful.

If you wish to pursue the direct upload to YouTube from within Premiere Elements, I wonder if it would be indicated to take a closer look at the differences between the attributes of the Timeline content (failed in program upload) and what got saved to file (using the program) and uploaded to YouTube at YouTube web site.

ATR

• 8. Re: Barb 6420
                        Barb 6420 Level 1

I would like to have the option of direct upload to YouTube within the software.  I am not sure why it doesn't work and how the content is any different from what I save to the computer.  First it gets rendered when I bring it in as a new project.  Then it gets rendered before it uploads to YouTube from within the software but has been failing.  It also does the same rendereing as if I was uploading to YouTube when I export it and save it to my computer.  When I bring in that file as a new project it is a MP4.  I also wanted to let you know that when you save to your computer and then it bring back in as a new project then upload to YouTube the quality of the video on YouTube stinks.  I deleted that video and then re-uploaded from my YouTube account. I am not very good with all the technical aspects of this but it seem to me that there is an issue when it renders right before the upload from within the software.

Barb