6 Replies Latest reply on May 31, 2013 10:00 AM by John T Smith

Up dating camera raw files?

vatoloco1313

I have photoshop elements 11 installed on both my desk top and laptop.  when I attempt to check for updates on my laptop i receive this  messagee which reads 41m1c212 ? how can I update the file? any help is greatly appreciated. 

• 1. Re: Up dating camera raw files?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

vatoloco1313

Does the update error message give you anything other than the code = 41m1c212?

I have a Lenovo ThinkPad laptop on which I installed Premiere Elements 11 and could not use Help Menu/Update because of message of Server problems. The problem extended over days.

The input of friends solved that issue. This particular laptop in its Device Manager/Network Adapters/ had the "Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter". I right click that, selected disable, and the Help Menu/Updates worked successfully.

If for some reason you need this particular adapter, you can always enable it after the Updates.

Please let us know if that worked for you also.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Up dating camera raw files?
            vatoloco1313 Level 1

It said it could not update due to that error message But with your fix, this took care of it. Again thanks so much I can now load my nef files (raw, I shoot with Nikons)

and Elements updated as it was meant too. Thanks again sincerely  Halo

Remember, where ever you go there you are!!

• 3. Re: Up dating camera raw files?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

vatoloco1313

Thanks for the follow up with the great news that the Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter disable resulted in you getting Premiere Elements Help Menu/Updates to work.

That idea was given to me by the online ID Sepiana, with its origin believed to be the online ID juergen_d.

We thank all for the contributions.

Continued success.

ATR

• 4. Re: Up dating camera raw files?
                John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

>have photoshop elements

In that case, you should ask in the Photoshop Elements forum, not this Premiere Elements video editing forum

http://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop_elements

• 5. Re: Up dating camera raw files?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

John T. Smith

The person asking the question has already been given a solution to the problem and acknowledged that it works. So, this is my after the fact comment on your note to the person after the person had acknowledged that the problem was resolved with the information posted by me from a Premiere Elements perspective.

I do not disagree with your generalization, but I would ask you to re-consider what you wrote here for this particular situation.

Please consider that Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements are standalone programs, each coming with an Elements Organizer. True, when they are on the same computer, same version, they share the same catelog. And, one can install Camera Raw Updates from Premiere Elements Help Menu/Updates as well as Photoshop Elements Help Menu/Updates.

Although the OP here did write only

I have photoshop elements 11 installed on both my desk top and laptop

without a mention of Premiere Elements, I think the question and answer here supplied important information for both the Premiere Elements as well as the Photoshop Elements user.

If this were a strict Photoshop Elements question, then I might join you in the recommendation to take the question to the Photoshop Elements Forum.

Please re-consider in this particular case.

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: Up dating camera raw files?
                    John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

While the CURRENT question could be answered here, someone who asks their very first question in the wrong forum for the product they own needs to be pointed in the direction of the correct forum for future questions

Sorry, I will not reconsider posting the correct link for the product in question