2 Replies Latest reply on May 30, 2013 8:25 AM by Twodor

Re apply same distortion to different layer in CS6?

Twodor

Hello,

In Photoshop cs6, you can make a Liquify distortion to a layer, then if you want, you can select a different layer, and go to Filter and re apply the last used filter (the Liquify you just did on that other layer). (shortcut key is Ctrl + F, if I remember correctly)

Can we do the same thing in After Effects?

I have two sprites that have to be on separate layers, and I want to apply the exact same distortion to both sprites at the same time. Is that possible?

Hope I've been clear with my question. Thanls a lot for any help!

• 1. Re: Re apply same distortion to different layer in CS6?
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Sure. Simple copy&paste - like with any effect.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Re apply same distortion to different layer in CS6?
            Twodor Level 1

Oh wow, that didn't even cross my mind. (I'm new to aftereffects and its workflow)

Thanks!

To make it perfectly clear for other newbies, here's how you go about doing this:

- you find the Liquify effect in the effect & presets panel on the right.

- you drag it onto your image. Then you'll see a new Effects entry above the default Transform entry in your image's dropdown (in the panel on the bottom left)

- you expand this Liquify entry and make a keyframe on whatever Distortion type you want from that list.

- you make your distortions in the viewport and create keyframes and whatnot.

- Now here's the cool part: you can just select this Effects entry when you are done with the liquifies, and Ctrl+C to copy it.

- You can click on another image and Ctrl+V and it will apply everything (including the keyframes) to your new image as well.

Awesome.