We are using Indesign CS5.5 and CS6.
For XML-IN workflow, we have developed a in-house tool for automation.
Marginal Notes: Using Script we drag the content from the XML tree and anchor it in Margin as per layout.
The issue here: In Pagination if they release the anchor the marginal content become Non-XML and wiped out from the XML tree.
Is there is any work-around to handle these types of issues.
As far as i know there is no solution for this. I'we been struggling with it for a while now. The only "workaround" i found was to use copy-paste instead of releasing the anchor:
Select the anchored frame, copy it, paste it in place, then remove the old anchor. It should create a new Story element in the XML tree.
It's not hard to script, if all you need is to release all anchors from the document/story, for example
Thanks for the response.
I also tried searching for the answer but did't suceed.
Since we are having complex jobs in XML-IN workflow. This is hard to have such a issue like this.
Hope Indesign will fix in near future.