5 Replies Latest reply on May 30, 2013 11:55 AM by A.T. Romano

Encoder Activation

TiaBSA

The encoder activation webpage is still not working. What do I do? I have already been on chat with an Adobe customer service agent two days ago about this issue and it hasn't been fixed. I need this program for work. Please help.

• 1. Re: Encoder Activation
          A.T. Romano Level 7

TuaBSA

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

Please explain what you mean by "encoder activation webpage". Are you referring to the download of presets under the Share (versions earlier than 11) or Publish+Share (version 11)/Online/ or something else?

Adobe is the source for program activation.

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-deactivation-products.html

ATR

• 2. Re: Encoder Activation
            the_wine_snob Level 9

I am puzzled, as it appears that ATR is.

Unlike some other Adobe programs, such as Ps, AI, PrPro, After Effects, and some others, PrE does not require direct Activation - a process that allows those programs to run. However, there are several components, which do activate, and this is on their first use, though it is seamless and transparent.

The computer DOES need to be connected to the Internet, for these activations to take place, though that connection is not necessary, after each module has been activated. Does your computer have an Internet connection?

The components that require activation over the Internet are most of the MainConcept CODEC's, the Roxio/Sonic modules in the authoring function and a few more. Again, and unlike Activation for those other Adobe programs, this activation is normally handled behind the scenes, with no direct interaction from the user. This activation happens so that Adobe can be charged the licensing fee for those particular components. Until there is a real user with that installed program, Adobe does not pay - yet. Once those components have been used, and activated, Adobe pays.

Are you getting any error messages, or any sort of dialog, directing you to do something?

Thanks for that info, and good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Encoder Activation
              TiaBSA Level 1

The problem has been solved. It was the actual webpage that wasn't responding. I had gotten a new computer and needed to activate the program. The given website was non-responsive. An actual Adobe Technical Support agent was able to fix it for me.

• 4. Re: Encoder Activation
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Great new!

Thank you for reporting your success.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Encoder Activation
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

TiaBSA

We are pleased that your problem is resolved.

But out of curiosity I would ask what was this "actual webpage that was not responding".

From what you just wrote, I am guessing that you wanted to activate Premiere Elements on a new computer and were running into problems. Is that it? Were you working with or without an Internet connection?

If you had an Internet connection, you should be able to install the program after typing in the purchased serial number and that would be it on your side.

I know you must be busy but I ask these questions to help others reading your thread to understand what was happening to cause your problem.

Thanks.

ATR