2 Replies Latest reply on May 30, 2013 12:41 PM by tillmace

Check-in/out files only works some of the time

tillmace

My office recently upgraded to CS6 from CS5.5. I am able to connect to the web server successfully and can sometimes check in and check out a file without problems but most of the time I keep getting an error message that the file activity is incomplete. It says I am connected to the server but "An FTP error occurred--cannot put (name of file). Access denied. The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem. Make sure you proper authorization on the server and the server is properly configured." I have also gotten the message "553 permission denied."

I have noticed that when I take out what I have in the root directory and leave it blank it works. However, I have to have something in the root directory first, try to check in or out a file, and then take it out in order for it to work; I cannot leave the root directory field blank at all times or else I get an error message. Is there a work around so that I do not have to keep editing the site root directory every time? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: Check-in/out files only works some of the time
          MurraySummers Level 8

Please tell us how your remote server is configured in your site definition (you can omit the sensitive information). Can I assume that others are using CI/CO on this server successfully? How many others?

• 2. Re: Check-in/out files only works some of the time
            tillmace Level 1

site-setup.png

site-setup-2.png

Thank you for your reply. There are three of us that use Dreamweaver and they are unable to check-in/out with CS6. They are using our older version of Dreamweaver with no problems. The settings were given to me by my IT department. Dreamweaver is not supported by IT and they cannot offer me any additional help. I saw in another discussion to take out the first / in the root directory but it is needed in order me to successfully connect to the server. WinSCP is used for FTP. Please let me know if you need additional information. I really appreciate the help.