4 Replies Latest reply on May 31, 2013 6:56 PM by station_two

How do I start using ACR?

deborahinky

I've read for the last hour & can't find info on how to start using ACR.

I can't find how to open!

Can someone tell me how to start? Please.

• 1. Re: How do I start using ACR?
          BKKDon Level 4

I'm not sure what you mean but each time you open a RAW file in Photoshop or PSE the ACR filter is used to open it, or indeed you can open JPEG, TIFF etc from bridge using ACR.

If you mean ACR 8.1 release candidate, even though it will work with CS6 it's important to note that there is no support for the radial gradient tool, "automatic upright" skew / tilt correction, new spot removal, vignetting, or using Camera Raw itself as a filter unless you have a subscription to Photoshop CC

• 2. Re: How do I start using ACR?
            deborahinky Level 1

Thanks - I finally found the tutorial on opening files in ACR from bridge. I've used Photoshop for awhile but not ACR. Sometimes hard to just get started using a new app.

Thanks again

• 3. Re: How do I start using ACR?
              Level 5

BKKDon wrote:

…unless you have a subscription to Photoshop CC

Photoshop CC (Photoshop 14.x) is not out yet.  Itwill be released on June 17.

Just trying to cut down on the confusion caused by various Adobe announcements and peculiar nomenclature…

• 4. Re: How do I start using ACR?
                Level 5

deborahinky wrote:

…Sometimes hard to just get started using a new app…

ACR is not an app or application.  It's a plug-in that can be hosted indistinctly by Photoshop or by Bridge.