Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

where's my flash player gone

May 30, 2013 May 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up until about a month ago I had no problems with watching news videos etc, then all of a sudden I couldnt anymore, just got the spinning blue ball when trying to view. So I uninstalled whatever version of adobe flash was installed and reinstalled the new v11. I have windows7 and firefox and use an Acer touchscreen computer. It tells me I have successfully installed it, it is there as a plugin in my add/remove files, but there is no where else where I can go to it, even in the registry files. There is no shortcut file on my desktop which is where I sent it to so I could see if it would be there. Its like its an empty program?? Adobe reader is there, in my add/remove, in my files and on my desktop. Please help as even with my knowledge I am at a loss.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 30, 2013 May 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure what you are asking; Flash Player is a browser add-on (plugin), not an executable program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 31, 2013 May 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that, but why doesnt it work!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What browser do you use?

Can you see the Flash animation at http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I user Firefox. Yes I can see the animation.......hence why I am confused

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This means Flash Player is installed and working normally.  I don't know why you cannot see videos; can you post a link to such a video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines