Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Turning a Pre-Designed Print Catalog / PDF into an interactive catalog

May 31, 2013 May 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking for an easy way to make my (print) catalog PDF more interactive through an app. Specifically, a way to flip through the pages, add pop-over images or links, and click targeted areas within the catalog to "like" or mark something as a favorite. Favorites would be collected somewhere for the buyer to look through and decide on purchases after viewing the entire catalog.

Not looking for: an app that requires a total redesign of my content / creating a new catalog.

Not looking for: a complete eCommerce ordering system-- I just need a simple way for them to collect or extract their favorite items.

iBooksAuthor is similar to what I'm looking for, but I need a zoom feature. Mostly importantly, iBooksAuthor does not have the capability to mark something as a favorite.

Ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

TOPICS
Web apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 31, 2013 May 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think there's a way to automatically generate the app from the pdf content-- you'll still need to pull out the images and text for each product separately but with BC you can setup a secure zone where your users can login and you can have them save something as a favorite when they are logged in and view them later.  It's possible but you'll need a web developer to do it since it's not a BC feature that's baked in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines