6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2013 8:01 AM by Ellis home

EPUB

Mrgooer

There has to be a better way to format a page that should stand alone than linking it to hidden graphics.

• 1. Re: EPUB
          BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

What exactly are you talking about?

• 2. Re: EPUB
            Mrgooer Level 1

before the TOC you have dedicated pages: copywright, title page, dedications. One or two lines that you want to be on the page alone.

EPUBS flow so you have to do certian things to get them to start  on their own page. I not only want text that has it's own page but I may want it centered with out the rest of the text joining

• 3. Re: EPUB
              Ellis home Level 4

I'm just working on something similar to yours. To separate those pages I just created  a paragraph style with the minimum font size, no color, and tagged it to Split Document (EPUB only) in the Paragraph Style Options. Then I inserted it on top of the pages I wanted separated. I'm sure there's a more elegant way to do it, but this will do the job. Refinements to the layout you don't get in the export, you might need to do it in the CSS/OEPS files.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: EPUB
                Mrgooer Level 1

Thank you for that. Your information is going to go along way.  I had other ways of getting what I wanted but this isn't PS and I wanted to do it as it should be done. Thanks again!

• 5. Re: EPUB
                  Willi Adelberger Most Valuable Participant

Principially correct to define it in the paragraph styles, but you should never use empty paragraphs. Make simple a paragraph style for the first pararagraph used and tag this style to split the document.

Empty paragraphs can cause different problems and will not be exported to the epub, even if the document is divided there.

Although when you later decide to clean up your document with the predefined GREP search & replace and are not aware on the workouround you have done these paragraphs will be deleted.

• 6. Re: EPUB
                    Ellis home Level 4

Thanks for the insight Willi. I did it for another reason too. Since ePub export ignores space before paragraph at the top of the page, I used this specific style to add space from the top margin. Of course you can always select the style used in the first paragraph of those sections, make a copy and call it Copy Right, Dedication, etc. On the other hand, you can accomplish all this modifying the CSS/OEBPS files if you have the knowledge. I heard repeated times in this forum that Adobe CC will improve the export to ePub feature greatly. I'm looking forward to it.