2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2013 2:23 PM by moblynn

Why are my tags not being uploaded to Flickr with my photos

moblynn

Hi. I have just spent days tagging my photos with people, places, and other tags in PSE 11 organiser and have just tried my first upload to flickr with a handful of images. The photos transferred over fine but none of the tagging seems to be appearing against each image although I can see it in the EXIF info. What do I need to do to get the tags over in a usable format. There is no way I am manually re tagging, adding descriptions, captions etc all over again in Flickr. Help please!

• 1. Re: Why are my tags not being uploaded to Flickr with my photos
          Barbara B. Level 7

Tags exist only in the organizer's database unless you do something to write them into the files. Select the photos, then go to File>Save Metadata to Files. However, for descriptions and captions, there is not always uniformity in how different software understands those fields. Tags will become metadata keywords that should transfer. Other stuff is iffish.

• 2. Re: Why are my tags not being uploaded to Flickr with my photos
            moblynn Level 1

Hi Barbara,

Thanks for the reply. I have written everything to the file, I did this before I uploaded. I can see the info in Flickr but its dead EXIF data which can't be seen easy or searched on in Flickr. I have been onto Flickr and they insist it is a fault in Photoshop Elements.

If I upload the same photos with the Flickr uploaded everything goes over to Flickr fine. It just seems silly that PSE 11 has a share mechanism which does not integrate properly.

Cheers,

Lynn

Sent from my iPad.