• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tag handler application does not have a setter for the attribute datasource specified in the Tag?

May 31, 2013 May 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going through the process of rebuilding a Windows Server 2008-R2 with a locked down CF9. I have run into several problems with the process requiring a reinstallation of IIS and CF9. The lockdown creation of a new account for CF9 functions caused some of the obstacles.

But now efforts to fixed those previous ODBC problems, which Adobe representatives have help solved, I attempted to restore the server to its previous state by applying the 9.0.1 update to CF9. When running the update it reported that it was not successful but other things seemed to work OK.

However, now that my datasource issues seem to be resolved, I am getting this error:

The tag handler application does not have a setter for the attribute datasource specified in the Tag Library Descriptor.

I read in some discussions that this has to do with updating CF9 to CF9.0.1. Most recommend clearing the cfclasses cache. I have deleted all of the files in the cfclasses directory, but I still get the error despite stopping and restarting the CF Application service. One remedy would be to uninstall CF and reinstall only CF9 without the 9.0.1 update. But I hoped there might be another way to resolve it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 04, 2013 Jun 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nevermind, I got it. I started from scratch, including IIS, and carefully watched directions and the sequence of changes. This time ODBC installed automatically without manual intervention. 9.0.1 is really particular.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation