6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2013 10:20 AM by sampath.c

create a theme from image (after updating the site)

sampath.c Level 1

Hi,

How to create a theme from image, in new kuler window (after updating the site).then i want to know about if i want to delete a comment in my theme, there's no any method to delete a comment in a Kuler.

anyone can help me . . . 

Thank you.

• 1. Re: create a theme from image (after updating the site)
          Drakers5 Level 1

I would like to know the answer to this too! I use this site monthly to pick colors for my magazine covers that I design. I use the create theme from image and I can't seem to find it!!!

• 2. Re: create a theme from image (after updating the site)
            Dave E Employee Moderator

Lots of discussion on this question here.  Here's an excerpt from the  Kuler team which will answer your question:

We know many users really like the “Create from an Image” feature.  Unfortunately, this feature was not ready for the new site launch.  So, rather than launching a buggy or half-baked feature, we decided to take a bit more time to get it right.

We intend to add this feature to the site as soon as it’s ready.  Until then, you can use the free iPhone app to create themes from images.

If you don't have an iPhone, there are a few options. 

First, you can use Photoshop to select colors from an image.  See the post from RogerAaesheim for directions.

Open your image in Photoshop and use the eyedropper to choose a color.   You will notice a little color window in the upper right corner of Photoshop, it displays the RGB values for the color you selected with your eyedropper.   Write those values down and open the Kuler website.  In Kuler create a custom theme and use those numbers you have written down for the colors.   Rinse and repeat until you have all the colors you need for a theme.  Hope that helps!

Second, you can upload your image to Creative Cloud and use the pre-generated theme that Creative Cloud creates using Kuler technology (not editing here, though). 

I know these workarounds are not ideal.  And, I assure you, the team is working very hard to bring the "create from image" feature back ASAP. 

Thanks for your patience.  Dave

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: create a theme from image (after updating the site)
              sampath.c Level 1

Hi Dain,

i think this feature add it to the site soon. i havn't iphone yet. i try to use phoyoshop to select colors from an image. thank you Adobe for your hard work to bring the  "create from image" feature,

i have a suggestion for adobe kuler, if adobe can add delete comment for theme owner(swatch creator), it's can be useful, helpful & good feature in adobe kuler.

Thank you very much Dain 

• 4. Re: create a theme from image (after updating the site)
                Dave E Employee Moderator

Thanks for the input Sampath.  There are many features Kuler users have requested.  The "delete comment" feature is a nice idea.  Though, the main focus right now is finalizing the "Create from image" feature. 

• 5. Re: create a theme from image (after updating the site)
                  ChristopherMo Level 1

"Open your image in Photoshop and use the eyedropper to choose a color.   You will notice a little color window in the upper right corner of Photoshop, it displays the RGB values for the color you selected with your eyedropper.   Write those values down and open the Kuler website.  In Kuler create a custom theme and use those numbers you have written down for the colors.   Rinse and repeat until you have all the colors you need for a theme.  Hope that helps!"

When I pick myself up off the floor, I'll rub my eyes and ask myself "Did a representative of a world-class (sic) media and imaging organisation really seriously propose this method in 2013?" If this had been suggested in 1988, it would have sounded incompetent. Now, it's just unbelievable. Especially "write down those values" and "repeat until". Aren't those the kinds of activities that computers were invented to do?

Personally, I neither have nor want an iPhone, but I have plenty of digital images. Why did you abandon existing users to go with Apple? Why did you not leave the old site running until you get the new functionality fixed?

• 6. Re: create a theme from image (after updating the site)
                    sampath.c Level 1

Finally added creat from image feature. great interface with nice color wheel. great work from adobe kuler.

This comment from Adobe Illustrator facebook page:

"Guess what? We took all the suggestions from the community & Adobe Kuler is even better than before. It's still the web app you know and love but we've launched a new beta version with some of the features requested by all of you, the fans -  http://adobe.ly/16UZrbb"

Thank you All.