1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 1, 2013 1:55 AM by Harm Millaard

How long does it usually take to backup Adobe Premier projects?

Tal Globus

When you go into the Project Manager and back up the project, so that Premiere copies every file involved to a portable hard drive, along with the project file, so the project can be opened and edited on a different computer, how long does it take?

I am currently backing up a project with over eight hours of footage in the work area so that I can continue working on it from another computer, and the backup does not seem to be progressing. I do not typically backup projects like this, I usually only save a new version of the project file, so I have no idea what to expect, and it seems to be taking a while.

• 1. Re: How long does it usually take to backup Adobe Premier projects?
          Harm Millaard Level 7

Usually till it is finished, give or take a few minutes.

The question resembles: "How long does it usually take to travel from A to B?"

The answer is: It depends. It depends on traffic jams on the route (what are the specs of your system), the transportation means (what kind of portable hard disk and the interface), the amount of luggage taken along (how much source material and what codec), does one take a rest while en route or stop for gas (what background processes are running), etc.